DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 V01.00.0511

Thanks for the reply. I may have to find a 10 year old to help me. This digital age is rough on this old guy.

Reactions: A.O.
Thanks for the reply. I may have to find a 10 year old to help me. This digital age is rough on this old guy.
You can determine how much space your iPad has in Settings->General-About->Available.

However, it would still be easier to remove the SD card from the AC and install it into a Reader thats connected to USB, so that you can copy the files to your computer and view them there if thats the ultimate goal.

If you don't have a Micro SD Card reader of some sort, you can find them on Amazon probably for around $10 or so. they have slots for the card and plug right into a USB port, they mount on the desktop (Mac) or in Explorer as a drive letter in Windows. From there, copy the files to the drive of your choice, and them return the card back to the AC, and then next time you fly, go into the Fly settings to erase and start over.

the files are in a sub-folder, you'll have to drill down a little to find your photos and videos, but its not hard.

I tried the new cruise control feature on my MA2 and I honestly wasn't that impressed with it. It works but seems to do the same thing as the course lock feature when in hyperlaspe mode. Only difference is cruise control can be set as one of the "FN (function)" button options. Has anyone been able to do anything more than fly a straight line using the hyperlapse cruise control?

I tried the new cruise control feature on my MA2 and I honestly wasn't that impressed with it. It works but seems to do the same thing as the course lock feature when in hyperlaspe mode. Only difference is cruise control can be set as one of the "FN (function)" button options. Has anyone been able to do anything more than fly a straight line using the hyperlapse cruise control?
Have not tried it yet, though I have seen a video on the feature, it comes across to me as a feature similar to that of a car, you turn it on and it goes till you tell it to stop.. in this case, the end of the HyperLapse.

The advantage if you want to call it one, is that your Hyper-lapse is not static (just sitting there in one spot) unless you take the time to setup multiple points.. you just enable this and your Hyper-lapse is no longer static. if I recall, there is some setup for direction and speed, but thats about it.

Reactions: rcourtney671
Have not tried it yet, though I have seen a video on the feature, it comes across to me as a feature similar to that of a car, you turn it on and it goes till you tell it to stop.. in this case, the end of the HyperLapse.

The advantage if you want to call it one, is that your Hyper-lapse is not static (just sitting there in one spot) unless you take the time to setup multiple points.. you just enable this and your Hyper-lapse is no longer static. if I recall, there is some setup for direction and speed, but thats about it.
Yes exactly and when you set course lock in hyperlaspe mode the aircraft will do the same thing; fly autonomously in the direction you set it to go until the hyperlapse shooting session ends. I'm not seeing a different between the two as far as what the aircraft does once either of those two flight options are engaged.

Yes exactly and when you set course lock in hyperlaspe mode the aircraft will do the same thing; fly autonomously in the direction you set it to go until the hyperlapse shooting session ends. I'm not seeing a different between the two as far as what the aircraft does once either of those two flight options are engaged.
They do seem very similar, would have to look closer to see if there are any real differences, other than you can get to the cruise control from the FN button...

I think you’ll find that in cruise control you can adjust the heading, I saw a video on it on YT, you need to make sure you are in Free mode.

Last edited:
Oh cool, now that's something I hadn't tried while shooting free mode, hyperlapse in cruise control. Thanks for sharing the video link. ? :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralph.smith.mckenzie@gmai