DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 video flickers or goes out completely

nicefromabove

Reactions
I have a Mavic Air 2 and am expering the issue posted in the video here. The first two lags that happen in the first few seconds of the clip doesn't happen to me. On the third lag at ~4 seconds, there's a flicker and that flicker+lag is what I see consistently starting from drone startup and it never goes away. The flicker+lag shows on screen/display and also on recording.
I've also seen the video once go completely out although I can still fly.

In the past, I've just kept restarting the drone and cleaning around the glimbal area till it corrected itself... sometimes up to 20 times. But I tried over 30-40 times the other day with no success.
Any thoughts on what is going on? Do I need to send it to DJI to get repaired?

Last edited:
I have a Mavic Air 2 and am expering the same issue posted here:
I've also seen the video once go completely out although I can still fly. The issue shows on screen/display and also on recording.

In the past, I've just kept restarting the drone and cleaning around the glimbal area till it corrected itself... sometimes up to 20 times. But I tried over 30-40 times the other day with no success.
Any thoughts on what is going on? Do I need to send it to DJI to get repaired?
I’m a new MA2 owner and haven’t even flown it yet, so I’ve got nothing to compare this to, BUT, posts like these and some others, are not encouraging and make me feel like I possibly just bought an expensive paperweight.
I’ve been flying lower quality drones with NO issues. WTH ?
Just my opinion.

Video and control are seperate streams to remote. A corrupt SD can effect the video stream so removing or replacing for a start. Hope others have more suggestions, or it's DJI. Good luck
Love my A2, been trouble free for years.

I’m a new MA2 owner and haven’t even flown it yet, so I’ve got nothing to compare this to, BUT, posts like these and some others, are not encouraging and make me feel like I possibly just bought an expensive paperweight.
I’ve been flying lower quality drones with NO issues. WTH ?
Just my opinion.
We all pay attention to the problems that may affect the model you have. I have learned an immense amount from others with problems. This forum would be boring if we all would report "I flew my RC today and all went perfect!" I'll bet hundreds of flights took place yesterday that went perfect that you weren't aware of.

As @Capt KO said, the video feed and control are two different things, In areas of high interference, the video feed is the first thing to break down. Compare what you're seeing on your device to what's being recorded on the SD card and you will usually see that the recorded portion is glitch free unless your SD card is too slow. Playback on your computer may also look like this if you're recording in H.265 as opposed to H.264. H.265 is a highly compressed codec that most computers struggle with.

We all pay attention to the problems that may affect the model you have. I have learned an immense amount from others with problems. This forum would be boring if we all would report "I flew my RC today and all went perfect!" I'll bet hundreds of flights took place yesterday that went perfect that you weren't aware of.
True. Point taken.

Video and control are seperate streams to remote. A corrupt SD can effect the video stream so removing or replacing for a start. Hope others have more suggestions, or it's DJI. Good luck
Love my A2, been trouble free for years.
As @Capt KO said, the video feed and control are two different things, In areas of high interference, the video feed is the first thing to break down. Compare what you're seeing on your device to what's being recorded on the SD card and you will usually see that the recorded portion is glitch free unless your SD card is too slow. Playback on your computer may also look like this if you're recording in H.265 as opposed to H.264. H.265 is a highly compressed codec that most computers struggle with.
@Capt KO
@MavicAir2Marc
I just updated my first post to be more clear that it's the flicker that I'm having problems with. I have used the same SD card from when I got the drone in March 2021. The flickering started 9 months after I got the drone. But I will try changing the SD card and change recording to H.264

Last edited:
Did you ever find a solution for this? i am experiencing the same thing with my Mavic Air 2 after about 9 months of usage as well. I tried recording to internal storage, using different phones, and different releases of DJI FLY but nothing works. Same flickering even when not in flight.

Here is an example or the glitching.
Is this on the recorded video from the SD card? If so, then the SD card is likely not fast enough for 4K.

Is this on the recorded video from the SD card? If so, then the SD card is likely not fast enough for 4K.
It is glitching on the display even when I am not recording or even when I am recording to internal storage. It is even flickering when not in flight. I've tried using another phone or even an earlier version of FlyApp but the same issue happens.

It is glitching on the display even when I am not recording or even when I am recording to internal storage. It is even flickering when not in flight. I've tried using another phone or even an earlier version of FlyApp but the same issue happens.
Then contact DJI Support directly. That's likely an issue with the drone itself.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000