DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic AIR 2 vs Mavic MINI

Apologies for not reading it again.... autocorrect at its finest...the complete sentence is a mess :-(

I meant you lock your fingers

Reactions: ff22
Some good points made in this thread. I agree the 2 main differences are stability in wind and camera quality (from what one can gather through YouTube).
I’ve only had a mini for 2 weeks, and I’ve had moments that I wished I’d gone for the MA 2. It’s obviously natural for a lot of people to think of the “next level” immediately after getting hooked on a new hobby like I have. However, there’s so much that you can get out of the mini and I’m going to use this drone for a full year before really considering moving up.
Enjoy your Mini,
you can have a lot of fun with it, and the video is actually surprisingly good, if you don't need 4k

Reactions: Tetrad
Enjoy your Mini,
you can have a lot of fun with it, and the video is actually surprisingly good, if you don't need 4k
Thanks Vic. It’s funny the timing of your reply in this thread. I’ve been watching so many YouTube drone videos the past month since I got hooked on this and I just recently started watching your videos. Great stuff!

Reactions: vicvideopic
I own both and I can say that the Mini exceeded my expectations. I did not expect that type of performance out of something so small. When on the go (hiking, motorcycling, etc.) the Mini is my go to drone. Hand launch/landing is a breeze and it appears to be less likely to stir up people around you with its tiny size. If I premeditate a video I want to create, I'll go with the MA2. But for all around shooting to show people where I've been from a perspective other than a hand held camera, the Mini it is.

Someone once asked on an astronomy forum what their favorite telescope was. Someone answered, "the one you grab the most". I think the same applies for drones as well.
Very good analysis!

Reactions: joeke3el
Its unrealistic to compare one thing with another which Cost twice as much!
Try with cars for example, 20.000$ Car Vs 40.000$ is it fair? Is it comparable?
A lot of people are interested in these comparisons,
the point is not to show which one is better, but they want to know if the more expensive model is better suited for them, or if they should go for the cheaper one.
On the other hand there is not much interest in comparisons with models of the same price from other brands.
Most people tend to trust DJI and rightly so

A lot of people are interested in these comparisons,
the point is not to show which one is better, but they want to know if the more expensive model is better suited for them, or if they should go for the cheaper one.
On the other hand there is not much interest in comparisons with models of the same price from other brands.
Most people tend to trust DJI and rightly so
still, u cannot compare stuff which is more then double the price, U MUST take price into account.. if money is no object, then why ask GO FOR EXPENSIVE ONE :p

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett