DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 with smart controller

GREY PHANTOM

Reactions
So now I'm looking at purchasing the mavic air 2, $988 with fly more combo or $1399 with fly more combo & smart controller, for $400 more I can get the SC. Would that be worth the extra $400? I'm looking for ease of use & smaller footprint, seems like no brainer but I know a lot of people have mentioned the Tripltek, will it fit in the stock controller & will I still need a cell phone to produce a hot spot for both? I fly a lot in the mountains with no cell service at times, thanks

The other thing I noticed was a hard case available for the air 2 & SC combo, can't seem to find a case for the air 2 & Tripltek?

I had to modify my case to accommodate the Tripltek by adding sleeve to it.

I got a MA2/SC bundle and I am quite happy with it. I like that I don't have to fuss with connecting my phone. The controller powers up virtually instantaneously and I can get my drone up in the air quickly. The bright screen is great even in bright sunlight.

I got a stylus to use because fingerprints on the screen cause visibility issues in the sun. Some of the screen elements are very small so I find it easier using a stylus so I can be precise.

Do you still need a cell phone for maps using a hotspot or when I'm without cell service will the SC still show maps?

You can indirectly cache the maps. While connected to wifi, bring the map up and zoom into an area that you plan to fly. When you get there, the map should be available even if you have no internet connection. If you want, you can create a hotspot on your phone and set the SC to connect to that hotspot. If you are in an area with no cell service, obviously that won't work either.

Make sure you update to the latest firmware on the aircraft and controller. There was a weird bug on the SC that would only let you fly 30m up and 50m out if you had WiFi turned on on the SC with no connection. That's been fixed.

So now I'm looking at purchasing the mavic air 2, $988 with fly more combo or $1399 with fly more combo & smart controller, for $400 more I can get the SC. Would that be worth the extra $400? I'm looking for ease of use & smaller footprint, seems like no brainer but I know a lot of people have mentioned the Tripltek, will it fit in the stock controller & will I still need a cell phone to produce a hot spot for both? I fly a lot in the mountains with no cell service at times, thanks
I have the exact set up that you want with the smart controller. I love it. Controller has a great picture. It is easy to use even for my beginner skills. Good Luck and enjoy :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078