DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2018 Firmware Update

PDV

Reactions
Hi,
I bought my Mavic Air towards the end of 2018.
I have been struggling lately with calibrating the compass.
Also, it asks me to calibrate rear sensors.
Cannot seem to find the firmware to update.

Help please!

PDV

Hi,

Help please!

PDV
Firmware is not how you calibrate the compass or sensors. You may need to log into the DJI website and go to the downloads section and download the latest for the drone and I'd suggest for the RC as well. I have mine set to tell me when a new download is available and there is a section in FlyApp settings for updating firmware and zones. Have you tried that? Drone and RC have to be on and connected for it to work. Highly suggest over wi-fi as well and not phone 4-5G.

Compass should not require a lot of calibration and there is also the "compass calibration" section in FlyApp as well as gimbal calibration. Compass calibration will take you thru the step by step process of positioning the drone on different parts of the drone and once complete - should not be required again for quite awhile.

I've never gotten a "sensor" calibration error message and nothing in my FlyApp to do that. sounds like you need to contact DJI and see what they say you can do. If you have to send it in, they will probably charge you since you bought it in 2018. May be time to upgrade to the Air2 or Air2S.

Hi,

Help please!

PDV
I have the same model and bought about the same time. I’ve updated firmware when requested but it’s been a while, presumably because it’s been discontinued. No issues with compass calibration through Go4 but far as sensor calibration, I’ve gotten that notice. Calibration was through DJI Assistant 2 on my computer (download on DJI’s web site).

Thanks Guys,
I managed to get into the DJI *** 2 and downloaded updates.
I then calibrated the sensors and also the compass.
All seems fine now and I do not get the sensor error report anymore.

Regards

PDV

Reactions: Prismatic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22