DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2S lifts about 8 Ft when right stick is pushed forward or back

Scott_Jones

Premium Pilot
Reactions
In normal mode hovering at about 4 feet right stick forward aircraft moves forward and rises to a height of 12 feet AGL. From there it remains level while I am flying unless I drop down lower wear again moving the right stick forward it again moves forward and rises to a height of about 12 feet AGL.

Here is a very strange thing. If I set the video in to slow motion mode, recording or not, the aircraft acts normally as you would expect. 3 feet AGL right stick forward it remains at 3 feet while moving forward. As long as you stay in the slow motion mode all is well.

In Cine & Sport mode all is well.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

In normal mode hovering at about 4 feet right stick forward aircraft moves forward and rises to a height of 12 feet AGL. From there it remains level while I am flying unless I drop down lower wear again moving the right stick forward it again moves forward and rises to a height of about 12 feet AGL.

Here is a very strange thing. If I set the video in to slow motion mode, recording or not, the aircraft acts normally as you would expect. 3 feet AGL right stick forward it remains at 3 feet while moving forward. As long as you stay in the slow motion mode all is well.

Check the bottom downward sensors and see if you can see that the o-rings have come loose as mine did causing the same type of issues. You will see little rubber gaskets that might be affecting the sensors causing it to think there is obstructions and making it rise to avoid them. If this is indeed the case you will need to send to DJI for repair or new drone as they did for me.

When my Air 2s does this I turn off the Safety Assistance Mode on the screen. It seems to act better when flying close to the ground.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22