DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2S not connecting

Droneguy18

Reactions
Hopefully, someone will have a solution. Problem:
1. 12.9” iPad Pro 3rd generation will not connect to RC. If I restart the IPad, it will connect with camera view…etc. But, if I power everything off and start over, IPad will not connect. I do the hard restart and it’s hit and miss the next several attempts. Bottom line, I have connected to the IPad by doing a hard restart, but not able to every time. I have also deleted the app and reinstalled several times…no luck.
2. I borrowed another IPad 12.9” (5th generation) and it worked flawlessly.
Really struggling with this as I want to use this IPad (12.9” 3rd generation) for flying. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hopefully, someone will have a solution. Problem:
1. 12.9” iPad Pro 3rd generation will not connect to RC. If I restart the IPad, it will connect with camera view…etc. But, if I power everything off and start over, IPad will not connect. I do the hard restart and it’s hit and miss the next several attempts. Bottom line, I have connected to the IPad by doing a hard restart, but not able to every time. I have also deleted the app and reinstalled several times…no luck.
2. I borrowed another IPad 12.9” (5th generation) and it worked flawlessly.
Really struggling with this as I want to use this IPad (12.9” 3rd generation) for flying. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
If you haven't already, I would uninstall the app and reinstall it to see if that works.

Odd that the newer iPad connects fine. Usually it’s the other way around, the older connects, but the newer does not.

Except in this case.

Regardless, have you tried the “plug in the controller to a charger before connecting” routine? Sounds weird, I know, but it’s a workaround that might work for you.

- Jeff

Reactions: GFields
Thanks for the reply. Update: Apparently, the RC connects as the lights on the drone flash green and lights on RC are solid green. Problem is when I check on the ipad, says controller not connected. I go to camera mode and no picture. Again, when I hook up the other ipad with the same cable, camera view comes up instantly. Baffling/frustrating.

Out of curiosity, are both iPads running iOS 15?

Did you try plugging the controller into the charger, (controller should be off), connect your controller to your iPad, and then fire everything up? DJI has found that in some cases, not enough power is being supplied to create a connection to the iPad. Plugging the controller into the charger is supposed to alleviate that. (You remove the charging cable once the connection is made.)

Again, that's not a solution, but if it works for you, it's better than no connection ever. Until DJI offers a remedy...

Good luck!

Both iPads are running IOS 15 and have latest update. I did try your suggestion and it did work. Problem is, I don’t have a way to plug in when I’m on the road…I have 6 batteries, so I don’t see a need for a car charger…until now I guess:). Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Hertzdonut
You're welcome! Glad at least there's a workaround. My iPad Air (recently new, with the M1 chip) won't even connect using the workaround. It used to connect just fine. My iPhone (13 Pro, iOS 15) connects every time. Not my favorite way to fly, but I'll deal with it.

Thanks for the reply. Update: Apparently, the RC connects as the lights on the drone flash green and lights on RC are solid green. Problem is when I check on the ipad, says controller not connected. I go to camera mode and no picture. Again, when I hook up the other ipad with the same cable, camera view comes up instantly. Baffling/frustrating.
Have you tried blowing out the usb c port on the iPad? could be some dirt in there that's not letting the controller connect.

Reactions: mobilehomer
Update: I have a mavic 2 and 2S. The 2S still will not connect to the iPad Pro 12.9 (3rd generation) but will connect to the Mavic 2. Therefore, I assume the port on the IPad is ok and cable is also good. Only conclusion I can come up with is that DJI changed something in the 2S remote that will not allow it to link to the iPad Pro. Thoughts??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661