DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 3 weight and classification

SteCee

Reactions
Morning all,

Has anyone heard rumours or anything related to potential weight change on the Mavic Air 3 (the Air 3 may not even be in development).

It would be great if it could be classed under the C1 rule and have a weight of under 499g.

There are so many confusing statements out there including legacy classifications and what this will mean for current purchases (March 2021).

I have registered with the CAA, taken the online test, have flyer ID and operator ID even though at this stage it's not a full requirement in the UK.

I sincerely hope the restrictions and designs of future drones are sensible but i suppose there are many flyers who do not abide by the rules and regs and will ruin it for all.

All and any comments are welcome to help clear up, educate users and help with potential purchases keeping on the right side of the law.

I sincerely hope the restrictions and designs of future drones are sensible but i suppose there are many flyers who do not abide by the rules and regs and will ruin it for all.

This is like saying that people who drive their cars without an insurance ruin it for all the other drivers.

They don't ruin it for anyone except for themselves.

And yes, I am also looking forward to buying a drone with CE classification.

Rumors are that DJI Air 2S will not be CE classified.

I will wait until end of April and if no CE classified drone is out, I will buy an Autel Evo II.

Reactions: itallica
Morning all,

Has anyone heard rumours or anything related to potential weight change on the Mavic Air 3 (the Air 3 may not even be in development).

It would be great if it could be classed under the C1 rule and have a weight of under 499g.

There are so many confusing statements out there including legacy classifications and what this will mean for current purchases (March 2021).

I have registered with the CAA, taken the online test, have flyer ID and operator ID even though at this stage it's not a full requirement in the UK.

All and any comments are welcome to help clear up, educate users and help with potential purchases keeping on the right side of the law.

"Many" are an overstatement. Vast majority of drone pilots follow the rules as much as possible because we understand the ramifications when a "few" whom do not - cause for all of us.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78