DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Aftermarket Propellers

DJ Flyer

Reactions
What do you guys think about using Master Airscrew Propellers on your Mavic Air? I did a lot of reading on them and found that through YouTube videos and reviews people got a couple good results from them. One being the noise 4-5db less then the OEM propellers and a slight bit longer flight time. Now the flight time I thought would depend on how you fly your drone and the conditions. The propellers I thought would be a good idea for efficiency and possible arrow dynamics. I haven't seen any extra flight time on my MA with the aftermarket propellers, but the propeller noise is lower. Let me know what you guys think about the Master Airscrew propellers.

Lower noise level

Reactions: DJ Flyer
Reactions: Mrmund
See the little magnifying glass in the upper right of your screen? That’s the search icon!
Click on it and type “master screw”
You will get many, many, many more answers than what this thread will give you!

What do you guys think about using Master Airscrew Propellers on your Mavic Air? I did a lot of reading on them and found that through YouTube videos and reviews people got a couple good results from them. One being the noise 4-5db less then the OEM propellers and a slight bit longer flight time. Now the flight time I thought would depend on how you fly your drone and the conditions. The propellers I thought would be a good idea for efficiency and possible arrow dynamics. I haven't seen any extra flight time on my MA with the aftermarket propellers, but the propeller noise is lower. Let me know what you guys think about the Master Airscrew propellers.

Kind of expensive but well worth it for MA.

I have measured the noise to be about 3 dB lower. Also a lower pitched noise. The flight length is not important for me as I don't go far down in battery level but change these on time.

Thought I’d give them a shot when I use up my props. Monitoring posts for detrimental affects.

As others says, the difference beetween master aiscrew and the originals is not worth a lot to change props.
Personally i have tried both...Spark props and Parrot anafi props. I also had modify the original props lowering their length, in order to move the prop air flow shock wave away from the main body.
I saw a little difference in db scale but the benefit in all methods is the change in sound frequencies.
I found best of all results coming from the Parrot Anafi props modification.
Way better sound result.
I mostly operate my M.A. with these modified props.
As about safety or motor behaviour i found no worth to say difference. The M.A. is flying great with all mods. No significant change in motor speeds, no change in motor operation temperature, no change in flight charateristics.

Reactions: DJ Flyer
I found best of all results coming from the Parrot Anafi props modification.

Is this modification simply fitting a set of Parrot Anafi props to a MA?

Are any changes to settings required?

Is this modification better than swapping out OEM props for Master Airscrew Stealth V2?

Sorry for all of the questions, I’m keen to learn the best options for improving dB levels, flight time and flight quality of my MA.

Is this modification simply fitting a set of Parrot Anafi props to a MA?

Are any changes to settings required?

Is this modification better than swapping out OEM props for Master Airscrew Stealth V2?

Sorry for all of the questions, I’m keen to learn the best options for improving dB levels, flight time and flight quality of my MA.
The modification is as simple as it can be.
See this:
As about settings there is no need for any other action.
On sound tests anafi props were better than master airscrew.
The major difference is in frequency changes. Db's have minor difference between each other at about 3 to 4db.
I have flown with all of the mods and I found best this mod.
The only thing to have in mind is to make a precise modification in order to avoid differences in angle of the prop flaps so there would be no dynamics instability.
The forces produced are not significantly different than normal.
You know that when using smaller prop with the same pitch, the motor reaction in order to create the necessary lift is to spin up in more turns.
But if the pitch of a smaller prop is bigger that the normal it equalises the results.
Under this modification I didn't recognise differences on motor behavior. Nor temperatures, nor turns.
With the original props flown a year ago, I received a motor speed signal flying in hard wing.
With anafi mod I never had so far such signal.
If you are like me a person likes to experiment you can do it with caution.
If you are not such guy, may be does not worth finally to take any risk.
Fly safe. And enjoy your drone any way.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga