DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air and controller connection problem

Gayle Dotts

Reactions
This has happened every time I go from home to fly in front of a possible job prospect. If I am at home it starts right up no questions like hard wire connect or procedures as such just jumps into ready to fly and camera view. Mavic air won't connect my controller to my drone and I am left looking stupid. I think it is the internet connection or lack there of at that moment. Happened after hurricane Sally our house lost it's roof and internet was down everywhere. Can I bypass this with the use of that scan sticker?

Possibly a setting in the app? Haven’t flown mine for a while and I don’t have it with me right now to check it.
Transmission setting?

Is it a problem with the RC not connecting to the AC or is it an issue with DJI Go4 not connecting to the RC and not getting a video feed ?

I'd try relinking the RC to the AC without the SD card inserted, I'd also reformat the SD card.

If your not getting a camera view but the RC is connected and can move the gimbal via the scroll wheel, it's probably a cable or usb connector problem.

Last edited:
You don't need internet at all to fly. Some even put their phone in airplane mode to minimize radio interference.

It doesn't really make sense that you can always get a link at home but never on the job site. I can think of a few reasons you can't take off, such as a NFZ, GPS or compass interference, but you should get video from the camera which shows the AC is connected to the RC, and the RC connected to the app.

The Air had WiFi and/or gesture mode, doesn't it? Check that, although if you had accidentally set it, it would be a strange coincidence you set it back to normal at home.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_