DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air and CrystalSky 5.5 necessary gear

RedSoxFan42

Reactions
Purchaed my first drone, a Mavic Air. I already had an iPhone 8 and an iPad 9.7. Unfortunately, I found the screens difficult to see in the direct Florida sun even with brightness set to max. I purchased inexpensive shades for the iPhone and then the iPad plus a mount for the iPad, but still not bright enough for me to feel comfortable flying my drone. After a lot of confusion and money not well spent, I ordered the following items which are all necessary to fly with the CrystalSky 5.5.

This is the configuration I just purchased. The battery charger charged the battery received with CrystalSky 5.5 in about 1 hour. It was about 30% charged on receipt. You don't need the more expensive DJI charger.
Cable to connect remote controller to CrystalSky $5.99 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074VM7J5Z/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Battery charger $33.99 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LALWBLS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Polar Pro Mount for CrystalSky to Air controller $49.99 PolarProMount for DJI CrystalSky and Mavic/Spark Remote Controllers
CrystalSky 5.5 $469 DJICrystalSky 5.5
Once you set it up, make sure crystalsky battery is charged then update monitor to latest firmware and also the dji go 4 app on the monitor to the latest level. The DJI website says to update the firmware you download to micro SD card, then insert into monitor and using settings, select the update on the SD card. I found this isn't necessary since you can download directly onto the monitor over the internet. In fact I never found the prompt to let you select off the SD card.

Reactions: zzxrox
So you are using the 1 foot cable? Thats one of the rhings pissing me off using my tablet is the cord is long and i get it tangled.

So you are using the 1 foot cable? Thats one of the rhings pissing me off using my tablet is the cord is long and i get it tangled.
There are inexpensive 6", 8" , and 10" cables on Amazon.

Yes, I'm using the 12 inch. The one that I put the link to in my post.
ok i was just making sure because that wasnt the only size on the link. thanks

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf