DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air and Rain

john2k

Reactions
What happens if you flying your Mavic air on a cloudy day and it starts raining midflight? I wouldn't fly in the rain but wondering what if it starts raining when you are flying and the drone let's say is a bit far out so will get wet before you can land it?

a good idea if you are caught in an unexpected rain shower is to fly back as quickly as you can backwards
this helps prevent moisture being sucked into the mav and also protects the camera and gimbal from the worst of the rain
also have a good look around and take note of the wind direction and if you do see very black clouds heading you way then wait till they have passed before you fly

Here's a video (
) when MA gets caught in a shower on returning home. It safely landed and still normally flies after this incident.

so, main ide, is to land on-hand, move to the car, turn it sudenly for 90° and into the car. This way moving props will protect the whole craft from the drops.

so, main ide, is to land on-hand, move to the car, turn it sudenly for 90° and into the car. This way moving props will protect the whole craft from the drops.
Risky maneuver. I don’t want a drone with props spinning inside my car.
I would feel that the atomized raindrops (from hitting the props) would at least create a larger group of smaller droplets to enter the cooling vents.

I've flown in light rain twice now with my M2P. No effect. Not willing to intentionally get it in the big drops though, but I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

What happens if you flying your Mavic air on a cloudy day and it starts raining midflight? I wouldn't fly in the rain but wondering what if it starts raining when you are flying and the drone let's say is a bit far out so will get wet before you can land it?
Check this one out.

I would add to the advice from @old man mavic that once you get it home, put a fan on your Air and the wet battery to thoroughly dry them before storing or charging.
Agree think it could blow in moisture places you don’t want
I could have been more descriptive, but the assumption was no or very little water got inside but the motors and battery compartment would have gotten wet. I meant to use a room fan to help dry those areas out, not a blower to force air through it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121