DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air and samsung tab s2 t713

kydroneman

Reactions
Bought the tab s2 to use with my air as my s7 screen is just too hard for me to see. I didn't think about needing a data plan. My S7 is with Sprint so I thought I could make it a mobile hotspot and connect to it with the tab s2 to give me maps when using litchi. it works but you also have to connect to the air's wifi to use controller and smartphone so my reasoning is if I have to connect to the air's wifi with the tab s2 I lost my mobile hotspot connection to give me live map data. I know you can cache the maps but it's not the same. Anybody have any advice please

guess nobody has any advice so common sense tells me I can only connect to the air via wifi and will have to cache maps on my tablet which sucks because if you don't cover an area at different altitudes you don't get a great crisp picture.

Bluetooth internet from your phone WiFi from tab s2 to air. I have used that before it’s work for me

I have the Samsung Tab A (SM-T380) 8" screen. I BT it to my Samsung Note 8 and use the internet via BT tether. Works like a charm. (I run Litchi on my Tab A and keep DJI GO 4 on the Note 8. Sometimes the 2 do NOT play nicely together, that's why I keep them separate. It's either that or delete one of the APPs and run the other then delete that one and re-install the other when I want to change APPs, so I just keep a different one loaded on (but not active) on each of my Samsung's.)

you dont have the DJI remote control? You could use that and hardwire the tablet, then wifi from the hotspot.

I have the Samsung Tab A (SM-T380) 8" screen. I BT it to my Samsung Note 8 and use the internet via BT tether. Works like a charm. (I run Litchi on my Tab A and keep DJI GO 4 on the Note 8. Sometimes the 2 do NOT play nicely together, that's why I keep them separate. It's either that or delete one of the APPs and run the other then delete that one and re-install the other when I want to change APPs, so I just keep a different one loaded on (but not active) on each of my Samsung's.)
I also have both apps and you definitely dont have to get rid of each one to use the other. You can go into settings,apps,litchi or dji,then press the force close. Also there is a app that can kill all your running apps at once with one click. I cant think of the name of it but will look later when I have my tablet. As long as you force close one it won't interfere with the other.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada