DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air ascends and descends

TonyPow

Reactions
I noticed recently that sometimes when i move forward on the throttle, slow or fast, the air ascends instead of move in a relatively straight line. In reverse it descends ?. I recalibrated the IMU and it reverts to the same issue after a few test.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I have "noticed" the same thing, at a distance. It didn't happen when the drone was close to me...
...so I eventually worked out that this was a visual illusion. It only appeared to be moving incorrectly. Resolved a worry for me!
[BTW, the term "throttle" in the post can be confusing - for some, the throttle (increasing motor spin) should raise the drone]
HTH

I noticed recently that sometimes when i move forward on the throttle, slow or fast, the air ascends instead of move in a relatively straight line. In reverse it descends ?. I recalibrated the IMU and it reverts to the same issue after a few test.
That sounds quite unusual.
The first thing to look into is the recorded flight data to see what's happening.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

My Spark does that, my MA does it also to a slight degree. I think it's the bottom sensors doing there best to keep the AC as stable as possible. I also think the better the sensor quality and design also makes a difference which translates to more expensive components..Boy, there are sure A lot of " I thinks here"

Since no-one has properly explained thhe perceived problem and no-one has offered any flight data, it's premature to say that anyone has the same issue.
No-one has given any details about how high their drone is and how much it might be moving up and down.
The VPS sensors will have no effect if the drone is above VPS range.

Reactions: DeltaTango
My Spark does that, my MA does it also to a slight degree. I think it's the bottom sensors doing there best to keep the AC as stable as possible. I also think the better the sensor quality and design also makes a difference which translates to more expensive components..Boy, there are sure A lot of " I thinks here"
Some of us, just don’t know it all!
Since no-one has properly explained thhe perceived problem and no-one has offered any flight data, it's premature to say that anyone has the same issue.
No-one has given any details about how high their drone is and how much it might be moving up and down.
The VPS sensors will have no effect if the drone is above VPS range.
Lighten up, it’s just a discussion!

Lighten up, it’s just a discussion!
Without description of the issue or data, it's less than a discussion.
You can't know your drone is doing "the same thing" when you have no idea what his is doing (or what he thinks it's doing).

Reactions: Prismatic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki