DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Crash

ministar

Reactions
Hello,

Few days ago my mavic air crashed in to water. For some reason after quick shoot drone has returned in to starting position and for some reason just landed in to see...

I was able to recover log from dji app since mavic is death...

Here is log:
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

love the -minus on the alt'

Doesn't flying over water cause problems with sensors?
Someone's sure to point this out either way

Well i made several shoots from almost same position, in 3-4 cases drone has returned on starting alt... but last time went 1 m up and started landing without any warning... i am very confused ...

love the -minus on the alt'

Doesn't flying over water cause problems with sensors?
Someone's sure to point this out either way

I have made numerous flights 2-3 feet above water (both running water and still water) with the Mavic Air and have had no issues or abrupt altitude changes.

Only obvious thing I can see from the flight log is the battery got down to 20% and best practice is to not go below 30% to avoid voltage issues. I doubt that is what caused it though, someone more versed in the logs will probably figure it out.

I have made numerous flights 2-3 feet above water (both running water and still water) with the Mavic Air and have had no issues or abrupt altitude changes.
Only thought the water may have been an issue because I read today that you need to have sensors turned off flying over the dreaded drink

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM