DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air - ESC errors

mikeyes

Reactions
Had the Mavic Air for a few months now but only flew a few times. Most recent trip out I was landing and the drone clipped a bike frame. Props stopped and the drone dropped onto a sandy surface. Rebooted the drone and it appeared to fly fine. Later that day I went to fly again and received ESC error on 3 and 4. If I reboot the drone a bunch occasionally it will boot up fine but most of the time give an ESC error on 3 and 4. All 4 props do their normal wobble on boot up but in DJI assistant 1.1.2 with DevTools on I can only make motors 1 and 2 work in the test menu. From my reading the issue is probably caused by the obstructed prop during the landing.

I've flown drones for years and never had one quite this fragile. Is the ESC going to burn out every time the prop gets obstructed? I've worked with a used phantom and Mavic Pro 2 before that experienced a few broken props without the ESCs burning up. Just trying to know if this is a part I should buy in bulk or if this isn't the typical.

Had the Mavic Air for a few months now but only flew a few times. Most recent trip out I was landing and the drone clipped a bike frame. Props stopped and the drone dropped onto a sandy surface. Rebooted the drone and it appeared to fly fine. Later that day I went to fly again and received ESC error on 3 and 4. If I reboot the drone a bunch occasionally it will boot up fine but most of the time give an ESC error on 3 and 4. All 4 props do their normal wobble on boot up but in DJI assistant 1.1.2 with DevTools on I can only make motors 1 and 2 work in the test menu. From my reading the issue is probably caused by the obstructed prop during the landing.

I've flown drones for years and never had one quite this fragile. Is the ESC going to burn out every time the prop gets obstructed? I've worked with a used phantom and Mavic Pro 2 before that experienced a few broken props without the ESCs burning up. Just trying to know if this is a part I should buy in bulk or if this isn't the typical.

Hi Mikeyes,

I have the same problem and I don't know what to do either. I have changed engines 3 and 4 but the error keeps showing up. Have you managed to fix it? If your answer is yes, I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you very much in advance!

I'd be willing to buy one and try tampering myself

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60