DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air fell from the sky

That was actually not correct in my first post. It was found near the last known location. Here are the two points:

Last known: 32.266333 -106.828762
Crash site: 32.265935 -106.828500

I'm not sure how accurate it is but I used this website to calculate the distance between the 2 points which was 165 feet.
When it lost power your heigt was about 200ft up and your speed was about 40mph. You found it 165ft further in the flying direction, so I think that's about right.
(Were you looking for a geocache?)

When it lost power your heigt was about 200ft up and your speed was about 40mph. You found it 165ft further in the flying direction, so I think that's about right.
(Were you looking for a geocache?)

No geocaching just the first google result for "calculate distance between two gps points".

I think it lost power for a brief moment during flight and/or it hit something. Obviously power was on when you found it. The internal flight logs could have more detailed information. To me it looks like a faulty drone and/or battery. I would send it back to DJI.

Hardware failure
FLY039
1. Unit was in P-GPS mode and was responsive to RC input;
2. At t=369s, relative height=11.7m, log cut off in mid air with no stick input or obstacle around.
3. No sign of battery voltage drop
Conclusion: Power failure in mid air.
Activation date: 02-25-2018
SN: 0K1
[Warranty Repair]

Reactions: Del and Qoncussion
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members