DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air fell from the sky

Hpacura

Reactions
Hello All. I unboxed and tested a brand new air yesterday, I was on my 4th flight with a brand new battery with 1 charge. The RC suddenly disconnected from the aircraft. The video recording stopped on the sd card at the same time. I did locate the mavic (at the last known location) and it was powered on when I found it but did have a broken gimbal, landing gear and cracked motor housing. I've attached the logs and any help would be greatly appreciated.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Last edited:
Your link is not working

Wow your battery depleted fast, down to less than 36% in under 7 minutes, seems a very fast depletion rate, even in sport mode.
I do not have an air, but would have expected better battery life than this. Usually "Fall from sky" events are a prop falling off or battery/power related events, or bird strike etc.
Hope the experts on here(Not me) solve things.

Reactions: Hpacura
Wow your battery depleted fast, down to less than 36% in under 7 minutes, seems a very fast depletion rate, even in sport mode.
I do not have an air, but would have expected better battery life than this. Usually "Fall from sky" events are a prop falling off or battery/power related events, or bird strike etc.
Hope the experts on here(Not me) solve things.

Thanks for taking a look. This is our second air, we bought this one for my daughter. The battery consumption in sport mode does seem consistent with our first air. This was the 4th flight but the first flying in sport mode. Props were still attached when the AC was located.

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about your loss. I uploaded your flight log into Airdata and while the drone was operational there was nothing I could see that would have caused sudden death. Signal and battery power looked good.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Out of curiosity did you purchase DJI refresh?

Even if you didn't I see no reason DJI wouldn't replace the drone for you. I've luckily never had to have mine replaced maybe some other friendly user can speak to that.

Good luck!

No, pretty normal given he was in sport mode at full blast most of the time.

Not seeing any worrying stuff either.

Hello All. I unboxed and tested a brand new air yesterday, I was on my 4th flight with a brand new battery with 1 charge. The RC suddenly disconnected from the aircraft. The video recording stopped on the sd card at the same time. I did locate the mavic (at the last known location) and it was powered on when I found it but did have a broken gimbal, landing gear and cracked motor housing. I've attached the logs and any help would be greatly appreciated.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Were all four props attached?

So sorry to hear about your loss. I uploaded your flight log into Airdata and while the drone was operational there was nothing I could see that would have caused sudden death. Signal and battery power looked good.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Out of curiosity did you purchase DJI refresh?

Even if you didn't I see no reason DJI wouldn't replace the drone for you. I've luckily never had to have mine replaced maybe some other friendly user can speak to that.

Good luck!
Thank you for taking a look. I do have refresh on it but am hoping they warranty it.

Reactions: Hellboyhrh
You probably lost connection as it was far away, but for the SD card to stop recording it odd, so you have no visual what happened just before the blackout?

The fact that you found it at the last known location means you dit NOT loose connection to the RC.

Sure sounds like a glitch or defective Air. Lost complete power which makes sense since it stopped recording and all..and fell from the sky.

The fact that you found it at the last known location means you dit NOT loose connection to the RC.

That was actually not correct in my first post. It was found near the last known location. Here are the two points:

Last known: 32.266333 -106.828762
Crash site: 32.265935 -106.828500

I'm not sure how accurate it is but I used this website to calculate the distance between the 2 points which was 165 feet.

You probably lost connection as it was far away, but for the SD card to stop recording it odd, so you have no visual what happened just before the blackout?

This is from the cache on my device. The last frame in the video is the picture it took with find my drone when I was hunting. The video on the sd card was the same minus the picture taken with find my done.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos