DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Snow capped fells above Ribblehead Viaduct...

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
The penultimate drone flight of last weekend, a short stop at the iconic Ribblehead Viaduct on the Settle to Carlisle railway line, with snow atop the fells!

This is a place I have long wanted to fly, but given we had already flown 4 locations on this day and it was perishing cold I only flew a short flight here before we moved on to ur final flying location of Caton Moor...

Yes, there is more that I could have done - and will do in future - with this location, but on the day it was what we had the time and energy to capture, perhaps next time it will be the main focus of a trip rather than an added extra location to the day..

Beautifully done. As a train buff, I have often seen steam powered passenger trains on this curved viaduct, but I have never seen the setting until now. I had no idea it was so bleak. I look forward to more videos of this spot. It would have taken me considerable time to get what you posted, so thanks for putting up with the cold and sharing.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Beautifully done. As a train buff, I have often seen steam powered passenger trains on this curved viaduct, but I have never seen the setting until now. I had no idea it was so bleak. I look forward to more videos of this spot. It would have taken me considerable time to get what you posted, so thanks for putting up with the cold and sharing.
Thanks Jim... I have been looking at when the Steam trains are rnning, seems they start on Saturday 30th March and run regularly afetr that, I think another trip may well be in order to see whether capturing it with the drone will be possible...

Reactions: Micky52
The penultimate drone flight of last weekend, a short stop at the iconic Ribblehead Viaduct on the Settle to Carlisle railway line, with snow atop the fells!

This is a place I have long wanted to fly, but given we had already flown 4 locations on this day and it was perishing cold I only flew a short flight here before we moved on to ur final flying location of Caton Moor...

Yes, there is more that I could have done - and will do in future - with this location, but on the day it was what we had the time and energy to capture, perhaps next time it will be the main focus of a trip rather than an added extra location to the day..

The linear lines of a viaduct have a great relationship to the drone as I found in my own aquaduct study in North wales !
Majestic and beautifully filmed , well done

My own attempt added

Reactions: AlbionDrones
The linear lines of a viaduct have a great relationship to the drone as I found in my own aquaduct study in North wales !

My own attempt added

My own attempt added

Nicely done, I flew this myslef a while back...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_