DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Flights with Air 3

sarahb

Premium Pilot
Reactions
As many of you know, I'm new to the forum and bought the Air 3.

I flew most of the day Saturday! Went through all three batteries, recharged them and flew through one more battery. All I did was concentrate on flying the drone. I didn't try to do any photos or video. I fell pretty good about all I have learned. Thanks everyone for offering your advice.

The Air 3 is a very special drone and has one of the best designs for the price.
We recommend you get the Wet Suit and the Rescue Jacket to get the most out of your Air 3 and why we consider it so highly.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 3 in the Pouring Rain, Land on the Water , Capturer the storm.

Start slow, fly low, and fly safe. It gets easier.

The Air 3 is a very special drone and has one of the best designs for the price.
We recommend you get the Wet Suit and the Rescue Jacket to get the most out of your Air 3 and why we consider it so highly.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 3 in the Pouring Rain, Land on the Water , Capturer the storm.
Why would I need this?

why was said, "We recommend" who are the we here? I assumed it meant the owner of the forum or something.
"We recommend" is the owner of Phantomrain.org, which is one of the vendors on this site, not the owner of the forum,
He promoters his wetsuit and rescue jackets here and other places on the internet.
And again, No... You don't need it.
Just have fun learning to fly your air3. You don't need anything except what came in the box. The rest is luxuries if you want to spend more money. A nice fitted case, set of ND Filters ( if you need to use those ), and a landing pad would set you up nicely, but you really don't need those either.

Last edited:
"We recommend" is the owner of Phantomrain.org, which is one of the vendors on this site, not the owner of the forum,
He promoters his wetsuit and rescue jackets here and other places on the internet.
And again, No... You don't need it.
Just have fun learning to fly your air3. You don't need anything except what came in the box. The rest is luxuries if you want to spend more money. A nice fitted case, set of ND Filters ( if you need to use those ), and a landing pad would set you up nicely, but you really don't need those either.
Thank you for clarifying.

I bought the a case, ND filters, and landing pad already. I like the landing pad as it keeps grass and sand from the drone. I haven't used the ND filters yet and not sure about their use. I'm reading about them. I will probably just play around with them to see the difference.

Thank you for clarifying.

I bought the a case, ND filters, and landing pad already. I like the landing pad as it keeps grass and sand from the drone. I haven't used the ND filters yet and not sure about their use. I'm reading about them. I will probably just play around with them to see the difference.

Learn about the cameras and how to manipulate exposure to get the results you like first without worrying about the ND filters.

They're literally sunglasses for the camera, and are mostly used for video applications to maintain the 180 rule, which again don't worry about this yet.

There's a lot to digest about camera settings, etc. Start there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honzax