DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air filming in sports mode motorcross bikes

Obviously great riding but great shooting and superb editing! You have a good eye!

Reactions: Cloud9SA
I must say I'm impressed with this little Mavic air, today filmed the guys riding but instead of staying stationary I chased the bikes. Check out the video and tell me what you think. Thanks
Great video and editing. Really cool shots and perspective.

I really liked it but I think flying backwards whilst filming the riders might give us the opportunity to see the riders land, that is a load of skilful landings we missing out on there.

Other than that.... EPIC!

I really liked it but I think flying backwards whilst filming the riders might give us the opportunity to see the riders land, that is a load of skilful landings we missing out on there.

Other than that.... EPIC!
I agree fully but very difficult to gauge for height and speed when I've only got one battery. If I had more batteries I would definitely hit it out of the park [emoji6] but thanks for the feedback, appreciate it [emoji106]

GREAT video ! I remember seeing videos like this years ago, wishing I could do that. Now I can ! And you did, great job !

So cool. What resolution did you shoot this is? I film a lot of moto (high alpine singletrack) and picked up my Mavic Air primarily for filming action sports. Cool to see someone putting it to use. Moto season isn't till around June up here in the PNW can't wait to try it out. So far been filming some snowboarding and snowmobiling and digging it and I've mostly been filming 2.7k 60FPS so I can crop down to 1080p. I love the shot where you came in super close to the rider. Great stuff!

So cool. What resolution did you shoot this is? I film a lot of moto (high alpine singletrack) and picked up my Mavic Air primarily for filming action sports. Cool to see someone putting it to use. Moto season isn't till around June up here in the PNW can't wait to try it out. So far been filming some snowboarding and snowmobiling and digging it and I've mostly been filming 2.7k 60FPS so I can crop down to 1080p. I love the shot where you came in super close to the rider. Great stuff!
Shot this at 120fps @1080p and 60fps @1080p, and filmed it sports mode so I could catch up with the rider

Last edited:
Reactions: baksideDisaster
Shot this at 120fps @1080p and 60fps @1080p, and filmed it sports mode so I could catch up with the rider
Cool, I've been noticing you pretty much have to be in sport to keep up with any power sports. You change the speed on any of the 120FPS shots? I've been reluctant to use 120FPS cause I really want to control the speed of the clip. I know I could always speed it up, but wish it would dump the full raw 1080p 120FPS file at normal speed instead of slowing it down and outputting 1080 30FPS.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Distantdoc