DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air flight time questions

mjbok

Reactions
For the record I have an Air, a Spark, an original Phantom, and a Typhoon. I don't fly that much, but took my air out to do some water tower photography this weekend and had a few questions for more seasoned pilots:

1. At what percentage do you return home and land? I usually do at about 35%, which is probably a little early and a little of me being scared as I had my original phantom drop from 200 feet up.

2. What kind of flight times are you getting? I looked at my flight times and I'm getting between 12-15 minutes, usually 13 or 14. This seems really low. I know I still have some "left in the tank", but I swear I got more battery life out of my Spark.

I'm not flying in sport mode and usually in not too windy conditions. Yesterday was absolutely calm, took off with a full battery. Went up around 250 feet with a total distance flown of less than 3000 feet. Switched between pictures and video, started landing at about 30%. Was down to about 20 at touch down. Total flight time less than 14 minutes.

Reactions: JW1flight
My flight times average 15 to 18 minutes, no sport mode. Depends on the distance flown and wind. I Begin landing at 25%, this usually gives me plenty of time.

I’m wondering about flight time per battery too. I just got my Mavic Air last week. I started flying around my house, with prop guards, and with obstacle avoidance on. I was getting 12 minutes flight time. I took the guards off and deactivated the obstacle avoidance, plus pushed my low battery down to 18%. I am now getting 14+ minutes. I am flying around trees and going slow, 1-3 mph. Is this normal? I’m taking off at 5900 ft ASL. What are your flight times? And do you do anything special in the GO App to achieve good battery time?

For the record I have an Air, a Spark, an original Phantom, and a Typhoon. I don't fly that much, but took my air out to do some water tower photography this weekend and had a few questions for more seasoned pilots:

1. At what percentage do you return home and land? I usually do at about 35%, which is probably a little early and a little of me being scared as I had my original phantom drop from 200 feet up.

2. What kind of flight times are you getting? I looked at my flight times and I'm getting between 12-15 minutes, usually 13 or 14. This seems really low. I know I still have some "left in the tank", but I swear I got more battery life out of my Spark.

I'm not flying in sport mode and usually in not too windy conditions. Yesterday was absolutely calm, took off with a full battery. Went up around 250 feet with a total distance flown of less than 3000 feet. Switched between pictures and video, started landing at about 30%. Was down to about 20 at touch down. Total flight time less than 14 minutes.
I wish

I wish my Mavic was getting the flight time yours does. Mine gets 10 to 12 minutes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smxrfyy