DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air fly away at indoor hall on music show stage

Wira_wira

Reactions
Hi Mavic Pilots,

I just purchased my Mavic air on Friday night and use it on Saturday morning for music performance at Tennis Indoor area in Jakarta.

Normally I'm using my old Phantom 3 Pro to take a video, but because this hall is packed with my colleagues, so I decided to use either Spark or Mavic Air, to avoid any disturbance (propeller noise from my Phantom 3) as well as the roof of this hall only 10m height steel constructions on the main hall (centre) and it has balcony on the sides ( height to the roof is about 5m.

I just realised that this Mavic Air doesn't have capability to fly without GPS (P-A-F mode switch on the controller) and the shop keeper told me the system will go on beginner mode automatically (I don't know if it is true or bulls**t)

Put my propeller guard on, fly it before the show start and when well, however it only flew 5m high, try to push it up to fly higher, it didn't work. Tried to push the aircraft on to the balcony, the aircraft stop near the wall/fence of the balcony (probably the sensor stop it to move forward, tried to lift it up higher didn't work)

When the show started, tried to take the video, now the funny things happened. The light was quiet dark, the system said environment/ambient light was too dark, recorded the show and people with tripod mode, all of sudden the aircraft flied way to the balcony - that has light (glass door) and landed there....fraak !!
Lucky I put my propeller guard on, and no one at the balcony, everybody was dancing on the floor !!!

Does anyone has the same experience like me or should I return the unit to DJI ?

Thanks

Thats what gives drone flyers a bad name. You bought it the night before, you flew inside a steel building, you flew over people, you flew in the dark. The only thing worse is if you were using your iphone to control it, thats a disaster waiting to happen. You are so lucky you arent the story in the local paper and at the police station. You would be if you were here in Canada.

Thats what gives drone flyers a bad name. You bought it the night before, you flew inside a steel building, you flew over people, you flew in the dark. The only thing worse is if you were using your iphone to control it, thats a disaster waiting to happen. You are so lucky you arent the story in the local paper and at the police station. You would be if you were here in Canada.

Yes I knew, I was so silly and stupid, but I has been flying Phantom 3 Pro without any problem since 2016 safely, without accident been happened (ooops forgot, 1 time crashed after upgrade firmware), then flew with Spark 3-4 times outdoor without any problem, so only 2 days ago I had to purchase Mavic Air because my Phantom got a problem with its vision.

Then the story begun

Hi Mavic Pilots,

I just purchased my Mavic air on Friday night and use it on Saturday morning for music performance at Tennis Indoor area in Jakarta.

Normally I'm using my old Phantom 3 Pro to take a video, but because this hall is packed with my colleagues, so I decided to use either Spark or Mavic Air, to avoid any disturbance (propeller noise from my Phantom 3) as well as the roof of this hall only 10m height steel constructions on the main hall (centre) and it has balcony on the sides ( height to the roof is about 5m.

I just realised that this Mavic Air doesn't have capability to fly without GPS (P-A-F mode switch on the controller) and the shop keeper told me the system will go on beginner mode automatically (I don't know if it is true or bulls**t)

Put my propeller guard on, fly it before the show start and when well, however it only flew 5m high, try to push it up to fly higher, it didn't work. Tried to push the aircraft on to the balcony, the aircraft stop near the wall/fence of the balcony (probably the sensor stop it to move forward, tried to lift it up higher didn't work)

When the show started, tried to take the video, now the funny things happened. The light was quiet dark, the system said environment/ambient light was too dark, recorded the show and people with tripod mode, all of sudden the aircraft flied way to the balcony - that has light (glass door) and landed there....fraak !!
Lucky I put my propeller guard on, and no one at the balcony, everybody was dancing on the floor !!!

Does anyone has the same experience like me or should I return the unit to DJI ?

Thanks
Did you turn all of the sensors off?

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Couldn't just like here here well said

OK guys I have had to delete the most of the post in this .
He knows he messed up and is in Asia . There is no need in continuing bashing new members when they post something of this order . If you don't have anything constructive to post don't post .
He see's now what he did so leave it at that .He admitted he was wrong and is good to point out mistakes but not just jump in with the same mess as was in this thread

It stops Here Now.
Any more flaming..
iur.jpeg

Have a issue with this post sent me a message Do Not Post It .

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike