DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Fly Away, but saved. Pls help

Slat

Reactions
I need your help analyzing what happened, pls.

I almost lost my dron flying over water, when disconnected and flew in opposite direction of the Home Point. (2m 13.1s)

Hopefully, turning off and on my remote make it reconnect in the 46 longest seconds I ever had flying drones.

I fly almost every day and multiple times in this same location and sometimes lost video, other have strong interferences or disconected for a few seconds, but never saw my drone going in the wrong direction when returning home.

I took off with the Home Point correctly saved with 14 sats and 80% battery. I’m seeing a battery unbalanced in Sport mode, and will check take a closer look on this bat.

Thank you!

Reactions: Ds67888
It looks to me like it was retracing its flight path which, if I recall correctly, is standard behavior for the MA. When it looses connection with the RC, the MA will retrace its flight path for 60 seconds before returning home.

Reactions: dawgpilot
It looks to me like it was retracing its flight path which, if I recall correctly, is standard behavior for the MA. When it looses connection with the RC, the MA will retrace its flight path for 60 seconds before returning home.
I think that is a feasable conclusion.

I think that is a feasable conclusion.

That could be a perfect explanation.
I will keep looking and in the meantime I refreshed firmware an calibrated al sensors. Just in case.

Thank you

The MA has 3 different RTH settings. By default setting when RC connection is lost, it will retrace its path all the way to the home point. You can alter these settings in the Go4 app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98