DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air from different country

Bk0000

Reactions
If I bought a mavic air in America and bring it home to Ireland,would everything be the same as it is from a different country?
Would it be ok to bring it on the plane?
Thanks

Should be ok to bring it on a plane, but you would need to verify with the airline you are flying. Batteries are usually the only potential problem area.

If you buy it in the US, you would have to ship it it to the US for warranty service.

Should be ok to bring it on a plane, but you would need to verify with the airline you are flying. Batteries are usually the only potential problem area.

If you buy it in the US, you would have to ship it it to the US for warranty service.
Ok Thanks
Will any settings will be different?

I don't think there are different settings per se, but I'm not sure how FCC/CE mode gets set (i.e. if that is set at the factory, or if it gets set by geo-location at time of activation) - someone else might know that.

Power it up in the USA and it will be set to FCC. When you get back to the UK it will ask you if you wish to change region & hence CE mode - select Cancel & you’ll stay if FCC.

you dont need to power it at usa you will hack it later..
before your flights contact with your flight agency about the carried rules of drone in their plane.. i think you can carry it in cabin with you..

otherwise all the drones manufactured at china and dispatch to worlds.. so there is no different excluding fcc / ce modes.

you dont need to power it at usa you will hack it later..
before your flights contact with your flight agency about the carried rules of drone in their plane.. i think you can carry it in cabin with you..

otherwise all the drones manufactured at china and dispatch to worlds.. so there is no different excluding fcc / ce modes.
I suggested the power up in the USA to save doing the FCC hack, but you are correct that he doesn’t have to.

Any DJI approved repair centre will be able to work on the drone, you will not have to ship it to America.

You won’t have any trouble taking it on a plane. Just make sure you carry on the batteries. When you power it up it will tell you that you’ve changed regions and prompt you to accept it. Easy.

Any DJI approved repair centre will be able to work on the drone, you will not have to ship it to America.

If it's a warranty repair, service has to be done by a center in the country the drone was purchased.

After-Sales Service Policies - DJI

"Please note that the warranty service is only available in the respective DJI service regions where you purchased your DJI product."

Reactions: XavierFernandez
1) Set it up completely in the USA, do the necessary firmware updates, familarize yourself with it, etc. This will also put it in the preferred FCC mode.

2) Taking it on the plane is no problem. You may be asked to power on the drone at security briefly just to prove it is a working item and not a "dummy" (I have been asked to do this before going through US Security). Each battery is well short of the 100Wh maximum. DO NOT bring any batteries in your checked baggage, they need to ride with you in the cabin / carry on lugging at all times, preferably in fireproof bags designed for drone batteries which can be purchased for next to nothing on Amazon.

3) When you get to Ireland, hit "CANCEL" when it asks you if you want to change the region to CE.

You won’t have any trouble taking it on a plane. Just make sure you carry on the batteries. When you power it up it will tell you that you’ve changed regions and prompt you to accept it. Easy.

You actually do NOT want to accept this prompt. It will put the drone in CE mode and likely just cause many more headaches when he inevitably wants it back in FCC mode for much superior range/transmission.

And maybe the powerplugs are different? Not sure about the power outlets in Ireland

Ireland uses a type G plug and 230v

Last edited:
If I bought a mavic air in America and bring it home to Ireland,would everything be the same as it is from a different country?
Would it be ok to bring it on the plane?
Thanks

Hi

I bought a MA in the US. Was flown a couple of time there. Then tried to fly here in Chile and it failed miserably with constant compass calibration requests. (Sear for my other post). Long story short: I had to do an IMU calibration and that solved it.

Have fun.
Iain. (An Irishman in Chile). Abu Abú

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk