DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Gimbal Cover

heo3480

Reactions
The NEW gimbal design of the Mavic Air is much improved, but this is not the only place DJI have innovated. the new Gimbal Cover is top nice. There have been rumors that this difficult to mount, but it’s not.

Yeah I found this is zero effort and quite well designed, it just slides in, folds over and clicks into place. Not sure on the couple of reviews I saw that said it wasn't good.

Having struggled with different gimbal guards on the Phantom 3 and the Mavic, I fully agree the new gimbal guard on the Air is absolutely great. Easy and fully protecting.

Ian

I 3D printed my P3P gimbal cover but those things sucked and would always fall off. I love the Air cover.

Please do you know if the cover will go on with a ND filter fitted?

I would expect that to depend on the thickness of the ND filter. The lens already has a UV filter on it, which I assume you'd remove before installing a new filter, and the cover deals with this fine.

Reactions: Skewif
I believe with the gimbal and camera being more tucked in and recessed has made it also much more easier to install and uninstall. Good job on that one DJI.

I have the Polar Pro Vivid filters (ND/PL) and they fit perfectly with no interference with the gimbal cover.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J