Join Us Now

Mavic Air Gimbal Still Tilted

dougiefresh27

Reactions
A while back I had a crash
Sent it away and had the forward sensors replaced
They tested it and said the gimbal holds steady

Took it out for a flight along with my Mavic Mini

In the video around 1:20 you can see the rock layers. They are very horizontal but the image is tilted to the left for sure

But from that video I can see the gimbal is tilted to the left20200417_171236.jpg

I did recalibrate at home prior to flying
Then looked at it this morning and recalibrated again

When I would pick up the drone and move it around simulating flying the gimbal started to go crooked
When you set it down it returns back to horizontal

Do you think I should do anything or just deal with it
Can't really afford to send it in again especially due to no money with the Covid-19 issue

I was going to provide a link to the flight record but my tablet does not show one
That I can't explain

If you are technically inclined, you could try the 'Joint Coarse' and 'Linear Hall' gimbal calibrations demonstrated below for the spark:

This will work for the Mavic Air as well, just use MAVAIR or WM230 instead of SPARK in the instructions...

Reactions: lee82gx
I can follow directions for sure.
Will try this soon.
Thanks, fingers crossed
Wow, just watched that video
Looks doable but it went fast and a lot of the commands are difficult to see
I'll take my time

Last edited:
If you are technically inclined, you could try the 'Joint Coarse' and 'Linear Hall' gimbal calibrations demonstrated below for the spark:

This will work for the Mavic Air as well, just use MAVAIR or WM230 instead of SPARK in the instructions...

Does this work for a new gimbal / camera module that is unrecognized? Such as a used Gimbal purchased from ebay etc.

Does this work for a new gimbal / camera module that is unrecognized? Such as a used Gimbal purchased from ebay etc.

You got it!.. but it does not get rid of the 'Camera 3' error. That requires pairing the camera to the motherboard.

You would have to put your old camera module in the new gimbal for it to work perfectly.

That said, this will factory calibrate the motors on the new gimbal so if you can live with the 'Camera 3' error it's fully functional otherwise I believe.

Reactions: lee82gx
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada