DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air hit by bird but survives

dcubrakovic

Reactions
Recently I was flying above a village in Serbia, and there were birds flying around. Was it an accident or attack I am not sure, but my Mavic Air was hit (video at 00:29) by a bird, but did not crash. It reocvered. From now on, I will avoid flocks of birds. It could have been bad, crashing and hitting somebody or something at the ground...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

looking at the vid i would say wrong place wrong time not a deliberate attack

I must admit, out of all the birds I've encountered on my flights - Pigeons have to be the worst, they are erratic and unpredictable, furthermore, they seem to be very protective of there territories.

When I see Pigeons in the area, I land.

Edit: Seagulls too! I hate Seagulls!

When I see Pigeons in the area, I land.

Edit: Seagulls too! I hate Seagulls!

That’s something I’ve got to live with living right next to an estuary, and the pigeons... they just fly around like a group of thugs looking for troubleo_O

I get a load of these flying around my garden, they live in the hedges. Now that’s scary ;);)

View attachment 60821
good lord you must have some pretty big hedges where you live is it a frigate bird as in sailor as in ship

Reactions: Porky
Mine seems to attract swallows. They seem more curious than anything else.

I’m in Maui right now and I noticed Myna birds don’t like drones. They fly by in groups several times over, and this, makes me nervous

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
00B3rin