DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air IMU Acellerometer Data Error ACC0 ACC1

Me_XMan

Reactions
Is it time to replace the Mavic Air IMU module with these errs?
I hit the leaves and it fell down to the ground. Thanks.

screengrab-20190816-214620.jpg

screengrab-20190816-214708.jpg

I just completed mine as well. Took me 1 hour, following a youtube video, in German (LOL), where the guy shows the steps to disable the thing. Don't need t know the language, although I know some German, I guarantee you don't need to know German to understand the steps. For 20 dollars, it is fixed! Now I wonder if it also fixed the sensitive compass calibration. I just flew it for the first time right after completing the assembly, and it requested a compass calibration, but it calibrated on the first attempt!

Best regards!

Reactions: Me_XMan
Did you try to reseat the ribbon cable? I don't see how IMU unit would get damaged. It's well insulated position. I cancelled my IMU order.

Did you try to reseat the ribbon cable? I don't see how IMU unit would get damaged. It's well insulated position. I cancelled my IMU order.

What do you mean? There are many ribbon cables until you get to the IMU itself. Everything was in place as it was supposed to be.

I don't have tools to measure how well an IMU is working. Nor do I have the patience to disassemble and assemble many times over to try different options, especially when a new IMU costs $18. Come on. It's about the chances of trial and error, which route has more assurance to work when you don't have the tools nor the knowledge to elaborate the best route? Second, it's heck you DJI who makes money out of servicing their faulty drones.

The err was with IMU so it's not with other parts. I just unpluged and pluged the IMU ribbon cable back in. That's so.

The teardown wasn't hard at all. Way easier than P4P.
I had to replace the P4P landing gear and that was like gutting it out.

The err was with IMU so it's not with other parts. I just unpluged and pluged the IMU ribbon cable back in. That's so.
Excellent analysis and good job repairing the unit. So what was the most important factor here?.........knowledge.......your cant put a price on that....

Update: I replace the IMU module myself and it fixed my ACC0 data error. It cost me $24.99....I believe thier are many people out there that can do the repair themself. YouTube was the key. The errors are gone now...its back to operating condition now...

Fixed it! Just reset the IMU ribbon cable.
It must gotten loose from the crash.
I tried that. Didn't work in my case. Any recommendations for source of IMU? i see lots of listings, but hard to know which one is best.
I just completed mine as well. Took me 1 hour, following a youtube video, in German (LOL), where the guy shows the steps to disable the thing. Don't need t know the language, although I know some German, I guarantee you don't need to know German to understand the steps. For 20 dollars, it is fixed! Now I wonder if it also fixed the sensitive compass calibration. I just flew it for the first time right after completing the assembly, and it requested a compass calibration, but it calibrated on the first attempt!

Best regards!
Regarding the video, the fan does not need to be removed for this repair. The top board can be carefully opened outward (NOT ALL THE WAY!!) like a book. You then have access to the IMU. There are three screws holding it. As shown in various videos, there are three cable connections at the front, and one on the side in the middle. This machine is an impressive work of high-level design...except for the IMU fails.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada