DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air - largest micro-SD

Shaker

Reactions
As everyone has said that the SD memory card fills rather quickly when filming in 4K. To that end what is the largest memory card that you have used without any issues? What is the largest size micro-SD recommended by DJI?

As everyone has said that the SD memory card fills rather quickly when filming in 4K. To that end what is the largest memory card that you have used without any issues? What is the largest size micro-SD recommended by DJI?

If you checked the Mavic Air website, you would see that it is 128GB, which is what I use.

70a0f845a267fcdf4c51a2ea04012c72.jpg

128 is the max recommendation.
DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

We've used this SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB Micro SD in the Mavic Air. 128 is quite a lot of footage to risk. IMHO you're better off reducing risk with the amount of media you have in the air by going with a 64GB Micro SD Card. On the Inspire 2 we run and always recommend multiple 240 SSDs as opposed to 480G when media is money and time it's a safe bet to swap media to preserve previous takes.

Reactions: Alan M
I rotate a 64GB samsung evo select and a 256mb samsung evo +. 256GB Works fines, I get a "card needs formatted" message on my screen where the SD icon is shown with the 256GB card but message is actually meaningless because card has works fine for months now.

Mavic Pro is recommended to use up 64gb cards but I believe a few people use 128gb without issues. I use 32 or 64 and change them out between projects/locations etc. less chance of loosing good footage if it isn’t all based on one card should that card go bad or the drone disappear...

I use 2 16gb cards. Soon as I get home footage comes off. I film at 2.7 and have never filled up a card.

I have a 64G one that I plan to use with the MA, which according to FedEx, is out for delivery today

I have a SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB and recorded three batteries worth of 4k at 30fps/100mbps bitrate and recorded just under 40GB of video so you'll likely be fine with a 64GB card if you empty it regularly...

I use 256 Samsung Sd card and it works fine after you format it thru the app. I know its putting a lot of eggs in one basket but if you backup everything after every flight, it doesn't seem like a bad idea.

Definitely use a few 32gb cards ....in case anything ever happens. 128gb is to big to risk

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78