DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Motor Obstructed

Ezaz

Reactions
Hello Pilots! Today I flew my Air for the 3rd time and turned on the Sport mode. I didn’t know the sensors turns off while in Sport mode. Eventually my drone crashed into a cable in an open field (no idea where that cable from!) and dropped into sand and grass. Suddenly I got a Warning: "Motor Obstructed". And it was gone right after. Never came back.

After changing battery I flew for another 15 minutes with no issues.

Why did this warning popped up? Do I need to worry about it? I seek kind advise from fellow pilots.

Many Thanks.

not sure if the Mavic Air props attach the same as the Mavic Pro but if they push down and turn to lock in place by three hooks, check the prop on the motor that locked up to ensure all three hooks are still attached. I had one break off on a prop strike and locked up the motor. Also the sand will need to me removed, else you risk destroying the motor if sand got inside,

Thanks for your reply. But how can I remove the sand grain as I’m not sure if the sand got inside? This is my first drone and been only a week.

Thanks for your reply. But how can I remove the sand grain as I’m not sure if the sand got inside? This is my first drone and been only a week.
Try gently spraying the motors with canned air.

The warning popped up when your drone hit the cable which caused one motor to slow or not reduce revs as it hit the cable causing the warning. The drone then tumbled and landed in the sand. It was a one off.
Anytime a motor is slowed below revs it should be doing due to the prop hitting a branch or cable or any obstacle then the warning "motor obstructed" is generated.

Reactions: Ezaz and projockey
I would have to disagree as I have watched my MA produce this warning with nothing hitting the blades. I believe this is a software issue.
PAR..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190