DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air or Mavic Pro, Australia specific.

Michael Ainsworth

Reactions
Hi, haven’t been on site much last several months. Been tied up with developing my DSLR camera skills plus using my Mavic Pro.
Never had a problem with the MP.
Looking at the Air as a more portable drone when out in the bush.

Two main questions.

1) Would the Air be worth the cost or would I be doubling up on my gear?
2) Would the WiFi coverage in Aus be sufficient to fly in those areas where phone cover is sparse?

Not sure if these have already been answered so sorry in advance if they have.
Cheers.

Other than portability, no not really. If portability is important then yes absolutely- brilliant little thing.

WiFi coverage / phone coverage is irrelevant but if you did get an MA you’d want to make sure it was in FCC mode.

Even then the range will still be less than the MP but should still be good to at least a mile.

I have an MA and love it btw but I didn’t already have an MP.

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
2) Would the WiFi coverage in Aus be sufficient to fly in those areas where phone cover is sparse?
What do you want/need wifi or mobile coverage for?
You can fly all you like out in the middle of the Simpson Desert as easily as in your backyard.

What do you want/need wifi or mobile coverage for?
You can fly all you like out in the middle of the Simpson Desert as easily as in your backyard.
Just trying to get more info on the wifi aspect, wasn’t sure how the MA connects up with the controller and phone.

Just trying to get more info on the wifi aspect, wasn’t sure how the MA connects up with the controller and phone.
The connection is via radio waves between the antennas in the legs of your drone and on the back of your controller.
Wifi is what you might use to connect your phone or laptop to the internet, it's no use for flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000