DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air or Mavic Pro

Okie

Reactions
looking to purchase a Mavic, with the fly more package. The local BestBuy has the original Mavic Pro wirh the fly more package available for $1019.00 (US) and they also have the Mavic Air with the fly more package available for $999.00.
I’ve been doing research for the past few weeks trying to decide which to get, not getting both lol as much as I would like to.

I like the pro for OcuSync and the better controller, but then I read about the Air and I like the 8gig on board storage and the extra sensors and the hand gesture control features.

I’m just looking for opinions on what you all like better about one over the other. I know we are all different and will all like what we like but i’m Hoping to see something that might put me over the edge one way or the other.

Thanks

I have had 3 Mavic Pros and couldn't get a decent picture from any of them. DJI even replaced the camera on one of them free under warranty. I then went to the Air and am happy with it. I never had any transmission problems with it, but I always stay within VLOS.

Reactions: Okie
I have had 3 Mavic Pros and couldn't get a decent picture from any of them. DJI even replaced the camera on one of them free under warranty. I then went to the Air and am happy with it. I never had any transmission problems with it, but I always stay within VLOS.

Thanks, my manager tried the spark before settling on the pro because he didn’t like the WiFi connection, said he couldn’t get a good flight distance. I believe the spark and Air use the same connection, please correct me if I’m mistaken. Thanks

I have the Mavic Pro and the Mavic 2 Pro. Both of them are great as far as flying and distance. The camera on the Mavic 2 Pro is much better than the Mavic Pro. If you are wanting to use it for photograpy then the 1.0 sensor in the Mavic 2 is the better of the two. If you are wanting something to get in the air and poke around for fun then the Mavic Pro will get you there. Thinking ahead, buying the current technology would make more sense than buying something that has been out for a couple of years. DJI just announced that the Mavic Pro is at end of life as far as manufacturing goes. They will continue to support it and hopefully have spare parts for awhile. The Mavic 2 Pro is lacking in some features that we expected it to have, but it has been upgraded in other areas that improve picture quality, flight distance, signal strength, and flight modes.

Reactions: JDawg and Okie
I have the Mavic Pro and the Mavic 2 Pro. Both of them are great as far as flying and distance. The camera on the Mavic 2 Pro is much better than the Mavic Pro. If you are wanting to use it for photograpy then the 1.0 sensor in the Mavic 2 is the better of the two. If you are wanting something to get in the air and poke around for fun then the Mavic Pro will get you there. Thinking ahead, buying the current technology would make more sense than buying something that has been out for a couple of years. DJI just announced that the Mavic Pro is at end of life as far as manufacturing goes. They will continue to support it and hopefully have spare parts for awhile. The Mavic 2 Pro is lacking in some features that we expected it to have, but it has been upgraded in other areas that improve picture quality, flight distance, signal strength, and flight modes.

As much as I would like the Mavic 2 Pro I don’t think I’m ready to spend that much, I want to fly more package and that would bring the price tag to about $1800 and I can justify that yet. They all sound great nd each seems to do little more than the one before, it’s similar to buying a call phone I guess, and not much different in pricing either.

Yep, sounds like the Mavic Pro is the one for you right now. There are many good deals on it right now since the later version has arrived. You could pick up what your looking for at less than $1000 on the classified here on the forums.

Yep, sounds like the Mavic Pro is the one for you right now. There are many good deals on it right now since the later version has arrived. You could pick up what your looking for at less than $1000 on the classified here on the forums.

Yea that’s what I’m thinking too, just worried about them releasing. Newer Air that’s even better. Lol we can never win.

Yea that’s what I’m thinking too, just worried about them releasing. Newer Air that’s even better. Lol we can never win.

Like from this thread...

What's next?
What's next?

It’s a tough call for sure. Personally I would go for the air, or even get the Mavic 2 (either version). I understand about the fly more kit, but maybe you can buy that later to get the better drone now?

Like from this thread...

What's next?
What's next?

It’s a tough call for sure. Personally I would go for the air, or even get the Mavic 2 (either version). I understand about the fly more kit, but maybe you can buy that later to get the better drone now?

Yea something along those lines lol. I was thinking maybe skip the fly more for a little while until I get comfortable flying it

Reactions: BigRob
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+