DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air owner deciding to get Mavic Pro (not Platinum)

joenefloresca

Reactions
I have a Mavic Air Fly More Package plus additional Master Airscrew Props and someone offered me a trade for a Mavic Pro (Not the Platinum) Standard Package which contains 1 extra battery with 7 hours of total flight. I am kinda tempted to get the Mavic Pro but I am thinking if the deal is worth it. Plus I will have to purchase a bag and another battery to have 3 which will cause me additional expenses. Just want to know your insights and opinions. The offered Mavic Pro has 33 and 22 battery cycles and I have 3 batteries with only less than 6 cycles each. My Mavic Air is pretty new. I kinda like the additional flight time of the Mavic Pro and the occusync. So it's hard for me to decide if I am going to take the deal.

I rarely travel and I live in the city, that is where I fly every weekend, just flying for fun in my roof. I don't do vlogs but from time to time I will do some travel videos from my trips. I can get a maximum 300 meters in my Mavic Air before RTH initiate. My place is pretty heavy in interference. So think if I get the Mavic Pro I get passed 300 meters in my area and maybe have more fun in flying. I don't mind the size of the Pro as well. Also I would like to ask these questions:

1. Is the 100mbps vs 60mbps a really big difference?
  2. I read somewhere that Mavic Pro shoots 2.7k at 100mbps, is it true?
  3. What do you think about longevity of the Mavic Pro since it is I think older than Air?
  4. In your opinion, does occusync and more flight time is more appealing than the camera features of Air?
  5. Is the Mavic Air a more future proof drone than Mavic Pro?

Thank you so much.

The Mavic with Occusync will by you some peace of mind with it's signal reliablity. Especially if you are flying in a wifi congested area.
The only "issue" that I see, is I would like to see another battery thrown in for the Mavic in that deal.
There only like 60 bucks here on the official store here...Maybe the other guy can toss in a few bucks for a battery to even the playing feild....

Air was the first to record to SD at 100Mbps and thus added the requirement of a U3 card and not just a class 10. This speed is only relevant at 4K video.
You get less compression in the video file at the higher bit rate. You probably won't notice much difference though.

I would say stick with the Air, esp for video quality. You do trade occusync for wifi yes, but the video quality is major. I have both and the MP compression makes me cuss every time. Plus the Air flies better I feel, the MP is very twitchy in comparison. Just my two cents to help.

I've not heard of the 2.7k 100mbps thing, I thought the max was 60mbps period. Unless I missed something somewhere.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98