DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Owners; Leg Savers/extenders for your Air!

I sure do got an Air & had nothing but fun with it.... It's my first drone & I'm an old fart but I love flying it and had it close to a year....... Updates have all worked great for me & after some the stuff I read about the trouble with updates just makes me feel lucky to have gotten a good one.... But mine never had any the problems people were talking about......So..........
Let me think on the improvement part........

We don't live but 130 miles apart.....

Reactions: Former Member
I sure do got an Air & had nothing but fun with it.... It's my first drone & I'm an old fart but I love flying it and had it close to a year....... Updates have all worked great for me & after some the stuff I read about the trouble with updates just makes me feel lucky to have gotten a good one.... But mine never had any the problems people were talking about......So..........
Let me think on the improvement part........

We don't live but 130 miles apart.....

Glad to hear youve had good luck with it. DJI makes a solid drone.

Reactions: BearMan54
Neither one of those offer much protection...
True, so maybe Thunderdrone's one is best as it would spread the impact into the arm (will be a bit heavier than 15 grams, though).

I have not seen a broken one (luckily) so don't know where they break, I just use them for lifting out of the grass or mud. My son has a 3d printer so can't wait to try it out.

I can't imagine flying without landing gear extenders, unless all I did was hand launch and recovery. The ground clearance from the factory is far too low...just as the Spark.

As someone alluded earlier, the MA antenna are in the front legs - you have to flip the legs down, after swinging the legs out to get the optimal signal.

As a general statement, installing legs extenders, prop guards etc. does provide protection in crashes, since they can absorb energy, by snapping off or breaking off. The swinging out arms themselves also provide a level of protection. I had a crash into a porch awning and fell onto a wooden deck, where a couple of my leg extenders snapped off (but no damage), and one of the front arms partially closed; just replaced a couple of slightly damaged props.

Ya know, here's a Guy who in our opinion sits easily Top Five overall in "Best Guys" on our Forum, and he's offering personally written Leg Extender Plans to anyone who needs them at NO CHARGE!

If you are one of the many who request these plans, we'd send him $5 just to say thanks for being so generous. (Already have a set on our MA full time),

Dunno what this 76 yr old would do without ours.

Rgds, NAVMAV
9 sep  052.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB