DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air & pfco

Stevo_b

Reactions
Hi, just wondering has anyone on here using the air in the UK gone down the pfco route?

Hi, just wondering has anyone on here using the air in the UK gone down the pfco route?
I thought I replied but doesn't look like it posted....doh!

Yes I did my Pfco using a Mavic Air.
Are you going to give it a go or do have any concerns about using it?

I thought I replied but doesn't look like it posted....doh!

Yes I did my Pfco using a Mavic Air.
Are you going to give it a go or do have any concerns about using it?
That's interesting as looking at some blurb a few weeks back and doing a bit of research it looked like the Air wasn't quite good enough. I'm sure there was mention of a mode or something in the test it didn't support

How did you find it and where did you do it?

Cheers
Nat

That's interesting as looking at some blurb a few weeks back and doing a bit of research it looked like the Air wasn't quite good enough. I'm sure there was mention of a mode or something in the test it didn't support

Cheers
Nat
You can't force the MA into ATTI mode. It is not an issue on the flight test as they give you additional manoeuvres to fly to demonstrate you can control the aircraft and observe the stick inputs you make.

The main issue I noticed was that due to its small size it was hard to see the leds for orientating it on some of the manoeuvres. It is also very responsive on the controls which can be obvious when flying at slow speeds so it might be worth adjusting the sensitivity. When I did my test it was pretty windy and close to the limits so it was pushed around quite a bit too.

If I had to do the test again I would probably borrow a Phantom due to its size and visibility.

Reactions: BLZeebub

Cheers
Nat
I did the Pfco with UAV Academy. They were very good and I can't sing their praises enough. The course pre read was good quality along with the online learning. The 2 day ground school was presented very well. I went to Cotswold Airport but I believe they run the courses at other locations too.

They were very supportive in working with me to get the Ops Manual written and provided excellent templates to work from.

You can do flight assessments in various parts of the UK. I did mine in Sussex. Very helpful, knowledgeable and supportive examiners.

Reactions: BLZeebub
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22