DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air power level in P mode

nieto

Reactions
When flying in sports mode, the radar view shows the power level during flight. How do I know how much power is being drawn in P mode? (It would be nice if the power level was shown in both modes) While on this subject, does anyone know what is the most efficient speed to fly to increase distance or in emergency, if running low on battery, giving me a higher chance at getting the Mavic Air home? One might be tempted to fly faster like in sports mode to get back quicker but obviously if the drain is as high as it is in sports mode, we can’t fly as far (an analogy would be a car can drive farther at 55mph compared to 70mph).

When flying in sports mode, the radar view shows the power level during flight. How do I know how much power is being drawn in P mode? (It would be nice if the power level was shown in both modes) While on this subject, does anyone know what is the most efficient speed to fly to increase distance or in emergency, if running low on battery, giving me a higher chance at getting the Mavic Air home? One might be tempted to fly faster like in sports mode to get back quicker but obviously if the drain is as high as it is in sports mode, we can’t fly as far (an analogy would be a car can drive farther at 55mph compared to 70mph).

I agree it should be there in P-mode too. On the radar when in sport mode the gauge for power starts out green and then turns blue. It’s most efficient where the green meets the blue.

Unfortunately there’s no way to know in p-mode so I’d just have it in sport mode and use the radar. Now it says in the manual that when there’s no wind that the most efficient speed is 25 kph which is about 15 mph. In windy conditions that will be different but it’s a good point of reference.

How do I know how much power is being drawn in P mode? ...
does anyone know what is the most efficient speed to fly to increase distance or in emergency, if running low on battery.
Try flying steadily in sport mode at the same speed you get from P-GPS mode and note the power drain.
It should be the same as what P-GPS would use.

The most economical speed (best MPG) wwill be a tiny bit less than full speed (with obstacle avoidance disabled) in still air.
Wind would make for small variations but it's so close to full speed that you may as well just use full speed for best economy.
Obstacle avoidance reduces top speed below the best economical speed.
Sport mode is like driving at 100 mph and uses more fuel than you'd like if you are in a will-I-make-it-home situation.

Reactions: brett8883
My Air is on its way to me but I thought that disabling sensors had no impact on speed contrary to the Spark and MP (not sure about the M2)?

My Air is on its way to me but I thought that disabling sensors had no impact on speed contrary to the Spark and MP (not sure about the M2)?
Disabling sensors definetly has an impact on speed.

Your drone goes faster by tilting more.
When it's tilted too far, the sensors aren't properly looking forward so there's a limit on how much the drone will tilt when sensors are active.
Turn OA off and it will tilt further (and go faster).

Ok, it's just that I'd seen feedback in several threads saying that OA on/off had no impact on speed, unlike on the Pro. Maybe they just meant less.

On the Spark the speed is so slow with or without OA that you have to switch to Sports to cover any kind of ground so it's a moot point.

Surly it’s a balance of both. I’d go with sports mode but not full stick then the sensors are disabled saving battery power and you still have a good angle of attack for wind etc..

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdleffler