DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Question

terradriller

Reactions
Does anyone know if there is any difference in a Chinese model and one purchased from a retailer in the USA.

Thanks

Does anyone know if there is any difference in a Chinese model and one purchased from a retailer in the USA.

Thanks
They are all made in china ;)

I think there are some difference such as power supply etc. More importantly after sales service and warranty would be an isssue if you have any issues... I am from Australia.. typically you pay $100 extra in Australia for the local model, but for peace of mind that is not too much when you look at a $1000 AUD product..

They are all made in china ;)

I think there are some difference such as power supply etc. More importantly after sales service and warranty would be an isssue if you have any issues... I am from Australia.. typically you pay $100 extra in Australia for the local model, but for peace of mind that is not too much when you look at a $1000 AUD product..
Yes I was aware that they are all made in China but I thought there was internal differences for different countries of origin like UK, USA and AUD.
You may be right about the power supply..
Thanks

If you think about it, you can take these quads anywhere in the world to fly them...so they should all be created equally, with the exception of charging the batteries, which requires a localized adapter due to varying power standards.

Reactions: vanderzyde0
It is probably cost prohibitive to make individual versions for each country/area. The software is likely modified for language - maybe? Does yours have the wording in Chinese?

How about the guy from Australia - is your software language set for "Australian" ;)

Reactions: FoxhallGH
It is probably cost prohibitive to make individual versions for each country/area. The software is likely modified for language - maybe? Does yours have the wording in Chinese?

How about the guy from Australia - is your software language set for "Australian" ;)
I'm sure it spells 'Aluminium' and 'colour' the right way ... ;-)

Reactions: dannybgoode

I dont have one. There was one on Ebay and the seller said he won it on a trip I believe to China. He brought up the question about it being from China as a matter of disclosure. It was really cheap..its gone now.

Australians speak Engrish too :p

Na, there's normally UK and US English, thats about it I think..

I know exactly how you guys talk - I watch Mr. In-Between. Have to turn on the bloody closed caption so I can figure out what is going on o_O

Reactions: AussieDrone
Well my first one bought from USA and crash it in river lost it. And my friend from China visit me after that I ask her to help me buy directly form DJI China. So far I didn’t experience any difference. But of course if you mentioned about the insured, it might different because is not buy from official website. Anyway, I’m from Malaysia so buying from any country does not make difference for me. Either way they’re all still manufacturer from same place [emoji41]

There's a "Return to China" button on it. If you press it, the quad flies off to China.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR