DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic air range

Mazdaman323lx

Reactions
Lucky to get 300m range on my mavic air . Is this normal? I might get 500 using fake gps hack.
Would using litchi solve this issue or do I need to be in range all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: RPBloor
one of the limiting factors of the mavic air 1 was the WIFI this is why the MA2 was blessed with occusync as on the bigger mavs

The range of the air1 depends on WiFi interference. So after adjust the system to fcc (using fake GPS) always check the frequencies board for the amount of interference. Choose the clear line next to the lowest green one if available. In a clear of interference environment the air 1 can achieve up to 5 klm range. In an urban environment the 300m range is not a strange thing.

I also have a MA1 & with the FCC hack I've always been able to reach up to 900-1000m even in suburban areas where every home have it's own WiFi network. Besides WiFi disturbance the most damaging for the connection is to go out of LOS. See to that you always have an unobstructed line of sight between the RC & the MA1 ... no trees, hedges, hills or houses in between, anything in between & the connection drops like a rock.

Out in rural areas the battery sets the limit, have reached 4km before I needed to head back due to the battery.

WiFi sometimes can be affected even of atmosphere high static charge and in many places around the world of the sun's ray activity. But be sure.. you got to fly without problems within LOS or a little further, and that's the safest way to do it. Because sending your precious drone too far away in most cases doesn't worth and it is a stressfull action. Don't forget that one of the enjoyment part, is to look this flying object flying around you, following you, and the procedure of inter changing the center of interest between your self and the drone. That's the best part flying a drone like this.

Here is the leaderboard for the longest flights with the MA1.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31