DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air rapid take off and rapid come back with the crash

for IMU i calibrate it once a week wether it ask or not. I do it in my home. No need for the refridgirator gimick. Room temperature is ok.

compass:

I always calibrate mine every single flight and before the first battery change as long as i am in the same area.

I still calibrate compass the next time i come back on the same place as i was before just for good measure.

for IMU i calibrate it once a week wether it ask or not. I do it in my home. No need for the refridgirator gimick. Room temperature is ok.

compass:

I always calibrate mine every single flight and before the first battery change as long as i am in the same area.

I still calibrate compass the next time i come back on the same place as i was before just for good measure.
No need what so ever trying to mend thing's that ain't broken over & over again ...

An IMU calibration is good to do once you start to notice a bit to large hover drift (aside hard handling of the drone like drops, crashes or hard landings) ... if steady no need to.

During a compass calibration you set the compass up to consider the drones own internal magnetic disturbance ... if you haven't attached some extra equipment that might add to that disturbance it's no need to repeat a calibration ... it's only a greater risk that you by mistake calibrate it in a magnetic disturbed environment & sets the compass off. If you get a message from the app to calibrate always question that ... check the drone icon on the map & compare so the icon direction in relation to map object like roads, buildings are the same as in reality, otherwise power down move to another launch spot power up & make a new try.

Reactions: tottio and sar104
check the drone icon on the map & compare so the icon direction in relation to map object like roads, buildings are the same as in reality, otherwise power down move to another launch spot power up & make a new try.

this i need to check. I havent thought of that.
Thanks for the tip. Ill have that as one ok my checklist before flight.

Thank you for your help with analysis and understanding the issue. I have returned the drone and claimed guarantee, now after two months I got new unit with old battery and old broken propellers. I'm happy with the replacement, quite funny they didn't replace propellers. Just waiting for those to come to try out new unit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143