DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air replacement camra rolls right

droneted

Reactions
I replaced the camera on my Mavic Air with a new one. The new one rolls right all the way and stays tere. So then I get another new camera and it rolls all the way left. Is it possible that you can't just replace the camera now. In the past with other models you could swap cameras all you wanted without issue. Color me perplexed

Was it in a crash? Might be a bad connector further upstream from the gimbal.
Yes it was. I replaced the camera mod but that didn't work. I tried 3 new cameras all tilted differently. One tilts left one right and one just shakes.

The only thing damaged was the camera. I don't have the original camera. I would like, at this point, to find out if you can swap out cameras like other DJI drones. Did DJI do something different with the Mavic Air. I have 7 DJI drones and this is the only one like it.

Hey Ted I'm curious to if u ever rectify the issue u had with the mavic air

I replaced the camera on my Mavic Air with a new one. The new one rolls right all the way and stays tere. So then I get another new camera and it rolls all the way left. Is it possible that you can't just replace the camera now. In the past with other models you could swap cameras all you wanted without issue. Color me perplexed
Were able to fix this? I was told each camera is calibrated to the drone. Only dji can do it.

Yeah, I am pretty sure DJI has to re-flash the mainboard and gimbal to enable them to communicate properly. This is definitely a purposeful software lock by DJI that deters owner maintenance. They claim it is to ensure component compatibility.

I am trying to get this done at the local dji authorized shop.. They quoted $60,.. But I have not had the time on a weekday to drop it off..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J