DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air sample 4K footage (in 25 MPH winds)

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
Here's a video shot and compiled by Drone Nerds of some Mavic Air raw 4K footage shot in up to 25 MPH winds:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This clip makes me nuts. I'm impressed with the high wind capability of the MA and love the color quality. I'm also realizing that if I follow the rules about not flying over people not directly involved, keeping LOS at all times, and avoiding any "peeping Tom" mentality of onlookers I'll never have this kind of a video presentation.
It's beautiful and I respect the talent involved, but for me it's a fantasy that won't ever happen.

Jake

This clip makes me nuts. I'm impressed with the high wind capability of the MA and love the color quality. I'm also realizing that if I follow the rules about not flying over people not directly involved, keeping LOS at all times, and avoiding any "peeping Tom" mentality of onlookers I'll never have this kind of a video presentation.
It's beautiful and I respect the talent involved, but for me it's a fantasy that won't ever happen.

Jake

Grain of salt again. Probably provided drone to review by DJI, since he’s had it a while. End of story. Says he has no range issues but doesn’t tell you how far he flew it etc.

Just wait for the impending flood of actual user reviews here. One already has already stated that he has had video drops and signal drops and range hasn’t looked impressive at all.

Does the video look good? Sure. But it looks the same as the Mavic Pro video. These video samples are pretty pointless!

Probably provided drone to review by DJI, since he’s had it a while
Never heard of Drone Nerds? They are one of the largest DJI dealers in the world.

First impressions from that video seems that the Air does a better job of showing detail in foliage like trees and grass.

That's my biggest gripe with the pro and it's 60mb encoder.

Reactions: Grindeddown
First impressions from that video seems that the Air does a better job of showing detail in foliage like trees and grass.

60Mbit is more than enough. Really should be HEVC h.265 on the Air. Wouldn’t need 100Mbit then either.

Yeah so far that’s where the biggest difference has looked to me is in foliage. I expect that’s where most of the 100mbps encoding will benefit: saturated groupings will show slightly more detail.

Not bad so far, but honestly it doesn’t look much different from Mavic Pro.

Thanks for sharing the footage. Looks great. I'm one of those debating on getting the Mavic Pro or the Mavic Air and real world footage like this really helps. Thanks for taking the time to share it.

Here's a video shot and compiled by Drone Nerds of some Mavic Air raw 4K footage shot in up to 25 MPH winds:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Man that's a crisp looking video

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murad