DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Sphere pano - file size

djiboi

Reactions
The dji go app auto stitched my photo and it came out around 10mb in size 8192 x 4096.

Not quite the 32mb I expected. Can I better quality?

It also took a picture of it's own blades. Is there a setting I have missed to avoid this?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2BTAfmejZOARN4Q42

ive never used the built inn app to stich i use lightroom, i load the dng files into light room and it gives me a few different perspecticves to choose from, works good so far and the files depending on how wide i went are pretty big i have seen 12000x4000px my mac air struggles to process them

ahhh then thats prob your issue, u need to tell it to record to raw, i dont use jpeg at all but my mav seems to record raw+jpeg for panos even though i dont want the jpegs, i use litchi mostly for my panos now anyways and it only uses dng. the dng files are much larger than the jpeg files and give u far more editing flexibility than jpeg

Strange, I only get dng for regular photos. Maybe the app is deleting the source files after a stitch.

How do you find litchi in comparison to the dji go app? Worth the money?

i havent used litchi to its full potential, the waypoint and missions seem very cool and i could see using that soon, to me as i photograpgh with the mav mostly litchi was worth it for the flexibility inn pano mode, and litchi isnt full of unessasarlly things so it seems to run much smoother on my low grade phone, i havent used dji go in about 4 flights, i dont miss it, the one downfall i find in litchi as it doesnt sperate the pano files into thier own folder like dji go does, thats the best feature of dji go for sure, i hope litchii does that soon.

I'll be sure to check it out. BTW litchi doesn't do waypoints on the air :(

very intersting, i didnt know that, i wonder why? must be something with the wifi vs occulus transmisssion maybe? not sure if they offer a trial but if they do i reccomend trying it, runs so smooth on my cheap phone, in fact i am going to take it out today for a flight and some panos

If I remember correctly, DJI haven't added support to their SDK for the air or the spark. So 3rd party apps like litchi can't use it. Autopilot on ios uses it's own control software so that is the only app that will work for now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wiz4rd