DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air submarined in Hawaii but recovered! Malfunction?

Chlorides attack and meander into unprotected nooks and crannies like cabling quick disconnect header junctions. Pcb's are conformal coated but heatsink interfaces and surface mount leg spacing is bridged by the chlorides and will sump energies. Gosh even balmy ocean air is bad news flight after flight.

I didnt review log but how distant receiving rc pairing lost?
2km?
1km?
EyeContactEngageThroughout?

This morn i sent ma out beyond 2500meter received spurious unpair so i hover down, nope, go fwd, yes!, paired, and furthered craft distance to understand just how good reception can be since craft flew over huge infrastruct ala moana shopping center toward ocean meaning rc flux must be "bending" upwards and over this massive obstruct. I still don't understand how flux meanders unto the craft for pairing when clearly obstructed bee-line pair
I was only about 600m when signal was lost.

Hmmm, did autocorrect on your keyboard kick in, or am I just not understanding half of this post?

in science we learn ocean water contains salts, chlorides, a very fastidious creature! it has capabilities to electron bond with other matter very pronounced, called high affinity to corrupt virgin matter (material)

chloride will damage electronics because of voltage pressure separated by mere air gap that contaminant intrudes and bridges.

consequently the power will suffer and like most transistors, creates a bad situation for irreversibly injuring them, they will not be as energy efficient as brand new.

I was only about 600m when signal was lost.

gosh! somebody there is jamming the air transmissions possibly. reminds me of the super conservative and possibly resistant mormans that reside on that turf you visited

gosh! somebody there is jamming the air transmissions possibly. reminds me of the super conservative and possibly resistant mormans that reside on that turf you visited
dji needs to store sell some unique sniffer for unfriendly electronic warfare jamming?
dji must protect its flyers from unnecessary injurious risk factors, agree?

Gimble immediately began to malfunction as you can see in tilted footage. Now gimble is not operational.
yeah. that motioning is dead because the actuators to move it have their power bridged by salt crystals so casualty response sever its power feed.

this is a good landmark revealing the frontal vulnerability (camera most expensive hardware) unpreventable by design, it has to be wide open vulnerable (bird, insect, rain, contaminants, seawater!)

Reactions: Rtsousley
Not always. I have recovered many many from salt water crashes and they lived to tell the tale. It's amazing how electronics can be salvaged these days.
I live in Florida. Most of my flights are over the ocean. I’m always worried about just the salt air. I see 1st hand what it does to everything else here close to the beach. I for sure don’t want my drone dunked in saltwater.

Reactions: Former Member
I live in Florida. Most of my flights are over the ocean. I’m always worried about just the salt air. I see 1st hand what it does to everything else here close to the beach. I for sure don’t want my drone dunked in saltwater.

Or even in sea spray! It coats everything! lol

as opposed me here , a tiny pinhead immersed in balmy chlorides infinitely surrounding, the PACIFIC

funny though, i've witnessed none contaminants on camera and sensors but fingering from my handds plenty.

i'm sure smart folks design ocean resist hardware (does the periscope image mar by ocean mist?}

No they really dont! There are some waterproof drones like the SwellPro, but the Mavic is not one of them.:)

Salt water is bad for any drone. It makes things rusty and crusty.

No they really dont! There are some waterproof drones like the SwellPro, but the Mavic is not one of them.:)

so, if periscope is hardware resist ocean turmoil, then apply mentality same to drone, right?

so, if periscope is hardware resist ocean turmoil, then apply mentality same to drone, right?
is there submarine drone too?
staying elevated smart because the ills reside at lower datum, chlorides, man made debris and dust

If bird fly in rain so can drone, just gotta engineer air intake moisture separator, non weighting unto craft

Or even in sea spray! It coats everything! lol
Back in my USAF days, long ago, I remember that our planes had be freshwater washed if they flew over the ocean for extended periods of time, at "low" altitudes - I don't remember how low it was, but it certainly was higher our drones fly at.

Back in my USAF days, long ago, I remember that our planes had be freshwater washed if they flew over the ocean for extended periods of time, at "low" altitudes - I don't remember how low it was, but it certainly was higher our drones fly at.
And thats why exactly 1year warranty, heehee.
Just kiddin, yup, its the chloride ion, ubiquitously distributed every nook and cranny esp the cpu gpu blower accelerating devastating ion thruput. Some ions will bond esp to charged surface, and the reaction does destroy, from a chemical reaction exacerbated by charge status. The ppip drawers were changed every quarter i remember, regardless the circuitry completely (proprolactic?) smothered with thick conformal coating almost as epoxy dipped. And this is interior! Air conditioned los angeles, birmingham, bremerton, Indianapolis, and new york city, for hyman (spelling?)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder