DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Tablet

Rustedfrog8

Reactions
I am wanting to get a small tablet to use to fly my drone. I do not however have the money for an ipad mini. I am wondering what size kindle fire will fit in the stock controller arms? I am thinking the HD7 would but I am not sure. Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I've got a 7" Fire (and a 8") and it's a tight fit. It's a 5th gen model though so it's 1mm deeper than the latest which might improve matters.

Not sure how well it runs the software though.

You can also buy a tablet mount for about $20 and fit a full size tablet of pretty much whatever size you want. The issue I've found, and the reason I just fly with a phone now, is that the tablet (iPad in my case) isn't as bright as a phone.

I've seen Samsung Tab A 8" tablets at Walmart for $179. I use the 10" with a Mavmount (fits the controller perfectly) and had no issues with software or performance.

You can pick up an iPad Mini Gen 2. 32gb and cellular capable for under $150 on eBay. There are many eBay vendors with Apple factory refurbs. Mine Works great with all of my drones.

Reactions: Rustedfrog8
I am wanting to get a small tablet to use to fly my drone. I do not however have the money for an ipad mini. I am wondering what size kindle fire will fit in the stock controller arms? I am thinking the HD7 would but I am not sure. Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I bought a Samsung Tab E. 9.6" $110 US on Amazon in so you would need to get an add on to mount to the controller. Sure is nice having a big screen.

I use this one
Samsung Tab A 8"
Fits the RC without special bracket.
Love the special brightness setting for bright sun :)
Where is the special brightness stetting for the sun? I got a Tab A 8, model TM-290, and I don't see that option in the display settings. Maybe this model doesn't have it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki