DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air - UK Licencing

MikeSwallow

Reactions
Hi,

Just purchased a Mavic Air - my first foray into the drone world, and love the quality, but very confused over potential licencing, both now and in the future.

I will only be using it for personal use, not commercial. The information I am finding on the internet conflicts greatly.

Can anyone give me a steer on what, if anything, I need to do to operate for personal use?

Thanks

Mike

Hi,

Just purchased a Mavic Air - my first foray into the drone world, and love the quality, but very confused over potential licencing, both now and in the future.

I will only be using it for personal use, not commercial. The information I am finding on the internet conflicts greatly.

Can anyone give me a steer on what, if anything, I need to do to operate for personal use?

Thanks

Mike
Hi Mike ... Welcome to the forum. Your first stop for this type of question, is ... Drone code - Dronesafe to get familiar with the 'Drone Code' [ and it's also useful to get an appreciation of where the local no-fly zones are around your area ... Airfield restrictions - Dronesafe ].
Registration of drones is not going to be required here until 30th November this year, and then, only for drones with a flying weight of more than 250 grams. If the drone does weigh more than 250g - then you will need to register it for recreational as well as commercial use.
According to the spec's, a Mavic Air weighs in at 15.16 oz = 430 grams ... so unfortunately, join the queue my friend ...
Note that it will be the CAA that is running the on-line test & registration - so don't go shelling money out to anybody else who advertises that you can do the reg' with them!

Hi,

Thanks

Mike

hello from north east England it frustraights the devil out of me as well

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renevista