DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air video grainy

Tacobell

Reactions
I just got the polar pro vivid series for my mavic air and i was using the nd 8 pl vivid series from polar pro and the footage is coming out super grainy. I am using it on a sunny day. What should i do?

Have look on youtube for nd filter guides. You need to film in manual with low iso and try to keep your shutter speed at 2x your frame rate

Reactions: Ekok and JDawg
These tiny little sensors in the MA / MP (1/2.3") are exactly the same size (and likely even same model number in some cases) as the sensors used in cheap point & shoot cameras as well as most people's higher end smartphones. They perform rather poorly at anything above base ISO (without image stacking and other tricks our smartphones use to combat this), so you are going to want to keep that at 100 (base) as often as possible. If you are just leaving it in auto, chances are the drone is raising the ISO a lot if you have a ND filter on. Always shoot manual once you understand how the video settings work.

Generally what you want is the shutter speed to be double that of the frame rate, and since the MA does not have a variable aperture, you need to use ISO and ND filters to control the rest of the exposure. And since you don't want to raise the ISO (if possible), you really just have the ND filters to change exposure :) Try to stay within +/- 1.0 Ev of 0.0 Ev and remember that highlights are much harder to recover than shadows, so if you can't nail the exposure, it's better to slightly underexpose if you are shooting a lot of white/bright scenery. I'd also suggest using a preset WB value if the light temperature isn't likely to change throughout the flight.

Reactions: Ekok and z28lt1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54