DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air vs. Mavic 2

You've certainly done good at getting the MA instead of waiting it out. Turns out the standalone gimbal was just a rumor after all. And I'm glad it is to be honest :p
I enjoyed seeing its new features, and the Hasselblad camera is impressive, but likewise I wouldn't trade my MA for it. Its small size still far outweighs the M2 features for my purpose.
As for dolly zoom, if you render your videos to 1080p, you can actually achieve it with the MA as well if you record your footage in 4K, and just digitally zoom in post.

You've certainly done good at getting the MA instead of waiting it out. Turns out the standalone gimbal was just a rumor after all. And I'm glad it is to be honest :p
I enjoyed seeing its new features, and the Hasselblad camera is impressive, but likewise I wouldn't trade my MA for it. Its small size still far outweighs the M2 features for my purpose.
As for dolly zoom, if you render your videos to 1080p, you can actually achieve it with the MA as well if you record your footage in 4K, and just digitally zoom in post.
Honestly, while I think the M2s are fantastic drones, who wouldn't love the size and battery life, I'm still extremely happy with the Air. With the zoom, I'm not sure the 10 extra minutes of flight time and optical zoom is worth the extra $600 or $800 for the Pro. For value based on size and video quality, the Air is top notch. The M2's are still significantly larger and heavier. In fact, the M2 and 2 batteries is double the weight of the MA and 2 batteries. (3.3 pounds vs 1.5 pounds) It's larger size and heavier weight makes it less convenient in my already heavy enough camera bag.

this is hobby for me not job thats why i dont need to pay extra money.. MA is still extreme drone for me..

and we dont know whats real going on with mp2..

Reactions: Underdog1964

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom