DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air went Swimming after Drifting into a bush!

SirBob

Reactions
It's my first ever post here and a dead 4 week old Mavic Air is the reason!
I was doing some very slow low level flying over a river yesterday in Tripod mode and when I got to the end of my shot, I left the Air Hovering and moved myself to where I could see the drone more clearly so I could fly out into the open again.. By the time I had moved a round a tree (1-2 seconds max) it had begun to drift to the left and whilst I did try to correct it, it was either to already too late or just slowed down by the Tripod mode setting, it clipped a branch and flipped over into the river. The water wasn't even deep enough to cover the camera, but all 4 motors were submerged and I now have 4 ESC warnings.
I'm kind of willing to accept I was pushing my luck with my piloting skills, but I've never noticed drift like it before so was hoping someone could look at my log (attached) and tell me it's not my fault and that I should be speaking to DJI!!! Hopeful thinking I know, but have to ask!

Whilst I'm here has anyone got any experience of what this may cost to repair? I maxed out everything to buy the Air and am worried what it's going to cost me now!!

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-04-22_[14-23-35].txt
    482.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 2019-04-22_14-23-13_FLY074.DAT
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
HEY man sorry for your situation, soon posting a short video about why using tripod mode can be a disaster , my MA will drift, rise or decend 6=36 inches with poor sat link or in GOVISION , you cannot take your eyes off the drone or fly it far from you in this situation. Tripod mode slows your drone to a crawl so if you need to do a fast adjustment forget about it .found this out twice and still learning. saltwater ? fresh water is way better as for repairs they will give you a total then talk them down in price , I was able to get them to drop 100 of a hefty 450 dollar repair bill for my mavic 2 pro

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito