DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC AIR with Alientech Duo Antenna

大疆御Air

Reactions
I have MA for over a year now. I modded the RC with Dragon 5.8 Ghz boosters with 4hawks Raptor SR. Living in the City always flying cautiously and making sure its has a good connection with MA. So 5.8Ghz is always the choice. But the RC is so heavy with all the boosters and battery. So I decided to get Alientech Duo Antenna to test out. I would like to get the 5.8 Pro but $350 is too much for me. To my Surprise its flew further than My 4hawks Raptor SR boosters setup on my usual route. And still have 3 bars signal when I hit RTH. For those who wanted to try a signal booster, Alientech Duo is highly recommended. Its built quality it's so much better than 4hawks and its comes with Quick RELEASE SMA. I got it for $129 from Amazon with free Prime Shipping. And its came with plenty of tools.
5a39a9a1e89622de3cd16380db14c619.jpg
7e08fc87386664cdf195141c1c299872.jpg
557fee311dc6e662f2f7a578aa6a349a.jpg
b8d7472e40433f0ae36a0cba216b3f56.jpg
c1ddceb94a75c8c86b7ad6fb768e2120.jpg
81b285df37c9540d6cfe72e773bac9a6.jpg

Does anyone know where to purchase this in U.K. or what is the cost of delivery from U.S.A.

Would something like this Alientech work over congested neighborhoods?

I live on the outskirts of a huge, tightly packed neighborhood. I would like to fly over the woods by my place, but get interference somewhere around 2k feet usually. Yesterday I was surprised to get 3k feet away (I've gone 10,007 feet in a less packed area), but almost lost my MA when the battery went from 1:30 to 0:00. Luckily I was prepared and about to land.

Does anyone know where to purchase this in U.K. or what is the cost of delivery from U.S.A.

Would something like this Alientech work over congested neighborhoods?

I live on the outskirts of a huge, tightly packed neighborhood. I would like to fly over the woods by my place, but get interference somewhere around 2k feet usually. Yesterday I was surprised to get 3k feet away (I've gone 10,007 feet in a less packed area), but almost lost my MA when the battery went from 1:30 to 0:00. Luckily I was prepared and about to land.

This is where I flew. Its very directional. I had to point in the direction . I am very happy with the result.
There was a time , the MA didn't make it RTH. It was 8000 ft away, due to high wind. It's Auto landed at 10% battery. Lucky for me I was able to able to get it back. So never fly on high wind anymore.

Last edited:

This is where I flew. Its very directional. I had to point in the direction . I am very happy with the result.
There was a time , the MA didn't make it RTH. It was 8000 ft away, due to high wind. It's Auto landed at 10% battery. Lucky for me I was able to able to get it back. So never fly on high wind anymore.

WOW! That's crazy! So before the Alientech upgrade what kind of numbers would you have seen?

I'm not so worried about the directional thing, but that seems very worth the investment IMO.

How heavy is it?
Was it difficult to attach?
Do you have to change settings?

I am new to my MA...Your video was interesting. I liked your music. Where did you get the music? I'm looking for music to post on Facebook and Youtube.

WOW! That's crazy! So before the Alientech upgrade what kind of numbers would you have seen?

I'm not so worried about the directional thing, but that seems very worth the investment IMO.

How heavy is it?
Was it difficult to attach?
Do you have to change settings?
Stock antenna was able to get about 3000 ft away same route. Then I installed 4hawks Raptor SR was able to get around 6000ft and with boosters around 8000ft. I think this Alientech Duo antenna without boosters will get more than 4km if battery permit. Not forgetting I am flying in Urban areas full of Interference.
It's very light and the built quality is good with the quick release sma.
Installation is easy for me, because I have installed many times. There are several YouTube videos showing how to..

I am new to my MA...Your video was interesting. I liked your music. Where did you get the music? I'm looking for music to post on Facebook and Youtube.
The music are DJI music from the Go4 app. I extracted from the app itself. So no copyright issues.

Last edited:
I was wondering if installing the Alientech or 4hawks voids the controller warranty, the aircraft warranty, or both?

If you took your time to do it right, would they be able to tell?

I was wondering if installing the Alientech or 4hawks voids the controller warranty, the aircraft warranty, or both?

If you took your time to do it right, would they be able to tell?
Surely voids controller warranty. I bought an extra one which I used to do the Alientech antenna booster install on. Left original controller alone.

That looks great, I wonder why the Spark version is listed separately from the Air version.
A second RC seems required in case you break the original one while modding!

Hi Guys.

I've just had my MA controller upgraded with a Duo Antenna. I havent seen much difference though in range. I am in a densely populated area however I used to get about 400 m before the feed starts to give way. Now I'm getting around 500 m.I thought I'd get alot more then that. Is there maybe settings I need to change on menu or something? Please help

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82